cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to update JVM without MOPZ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have two NW JAVA 7.4 systems. After installation, I carried out the patching of the stack by creating an XML with MOPZ and performing update with SUM.

I execute the two operation in different days and also some differences in stack: for this reasont, in the first XML the last JVM version was 6.1 pl 70. In the second XML for the second system the last JVM version was 6.1 pl 71.

For maintenance reason, I want to mantain the pl 70 in both system but with MOPZ I can only select pl 71. Is it possible to download JVM 6.1 pl 70 and manually update it?

I don't find any documentation about this procedure.

Thanks

Regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Copy the stack file created for the first system and modify that with the host name and the SID with the new one and use that for upgrade.

1600302 - MOpz: Copy stack xml with a report

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for you answer, but my system are not identical. So, I cannot choose this way. Is it possible to use the SUM update option without the use of XML? With this option, SUM read a folder and deploy the packages that you put in this directory.

Is it possible put the JVM 6.1 pl 70 package and try to use SUM to deploy it in system with JVM 6.1 pl 70? (I know that is a downgrade but I need this situation)

Thank you

Regards,

Mark

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would get the stack created with PL 71 and then modify it with PL 70 file and see if that works.