SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding Off item to be Adjust automatically and Not carryforward into next invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Recently i received a requirement from users in which they want to eliminate rounding off item automatically or with offsetting item and this rounding off item should not carryforward into next invoicing.

Suppose in a scenario, if an invoice for the month of September 2014 billed and invoiced with the amount of 1500 ias first item and a round amount .23 in next item of a document. so when next month invoice executes then this second item should not carryforward into inclusion of next invoicing. This item should be eliminate or knocked off with an offsetting entry.

All experts valuable inputs requires to achieve this objective.

Thanks and Regards

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I think its better to remove the rounding off functionality rather than offsetting it off during the next invoice run.

Not Sure, whether it will have any impact on your business processes, but if its not a part of the receivables, it can be removed straightaway. 

You can remove the rounding functionality through the following SPRO config-

IMG--->SAP Utilities-->Invoicing-->Basic Settings-->Define Basic Settings for Invoicing

In here, change the rounding category to No amount rounding.

However, if you want to go down the path for offsetting the rounding entry, you can use event 0032/R402 to plug in an enhancement to offset the rounding entry.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I think its better to remove the rounding off functionality rather than offsetting it off during the next invoice run.

Not Sure, whether it will have any impact on your business processes, but if its not a part of the receivables, it can be removed straightaway. 

You can remove the rounding functionality through the following SPRO config-

IMG--->SAP Utilities-->Invoicing-->Basic Settings-->Define Basic Settings for Invoicing

In here, change the rounding category to No amount rounding.

However, if you want to go down the path for offsetting the rounding entry, you can use event 0032/R402 to plug in an enhancement to offset the rounding entry.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi  Amlan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am using the event 0032 for creating additional line for Round Off item which will offset it and it will clear in the same document and will not carryforward to next invoicing.

But if i want to roundoff the total payable amount i.e. (Current invoice amount + Arrear before this invoicing), how can do that? i want to round off the ERDK invoice amount and dont want it to carryforward into next month invoice.

I am very thankful for your response.

Regards

ARun

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can use event R409 where in you can complete the Business partner items or GL items that are created during invoice amount rounding when invoice is carried out.

Check event R503 as well.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Dear  Amlan,

As you suggested, i implemented the function module at event 0032. In this function module, i copied all entries of T_FKKOP and T_FKKOPK in structure T_FKKOP_new and T_FKKOPK_new. I created an additional line which offset the Main(rund) and sub(0020) in structure T_fkkop_new and as i post it in system , it generated an error.

Internal error when adding to line items

Message no. >0445

Diagnosis

New line items are to be added to function module
ZFKK_SAMPLE_0032. The new items do not however balance to zero.

System Response

Error message. Posting is terminated.

Procedure

Contact your system administrator.

Procedure for System Administration

If the program error occurred in an

• SAP standard program, enter a problem message
  • Own program, correct the program

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You have to copy the sample FM,FKK_FM_SAMPLE_0032 and then based conditions you can pass the details to any standard FM like, FKK_COMPLETE_CHARGE_DOCUMENT to post the offset entry.

Try to debug and see, may be its something to do with the sign of the offsetting entry.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I created a z function module using event 0032 and then my requirement is to offset second line item of round off in an invoice document.

Let say document posted with first line item 0100 and 0002 and second line item with RUND and 0020. Amount of second line item is .30- and in function module ZFKK_SAMPLE_0032 in structure T_FKKOP both line items coming and in T_FKKOPK detail of line item which causing this item in T_FKKOP.

Now i code in such way that all line items of T_FKKOPK copied into T_FKKOPK_NEW and in T_FKKOP which contains 2 line items, copied into T_FKKOP_NEW and with additional line having Main(RUND) and Sub(0010) created with value .30. Now i am trying to post it, its generating the error stated in above reply.

As you suggested the function module FKK_COMPLETE_CHARGE_DOCUMENT, is it used for completing the document post for offsetting line item and i have to call it after my Z function module or if you can guide me how i can use this function module.

Regards

Arun

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I think you have to manually populate the amount, fkkopk-betrh and  fkkopk-betrw, which is coming in the T_FKKOPK structure.

Also I think you need to manually populate the amount subjected to tax  in local currency,  fkkopk-sbash and amount subjected to tax  in transaction currency, fkkopk-sbasw as well.

Once you have done that, then modify the T_FKKOPK structure and then copy them to T_FKKOPK_NEW structure

I think it should be fine after the above.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hii Amlan,

First of all thank you for your quick response whenever i started any discussion.

For this discussion,  you suggested me to use event 0032 for rounding off item to be offset.

As i explored i find out there is a standard function available in sap fica config under integration > invoicing i.e. Define rounding key for invoice final amount and its assignment.

Using this my objective achieved now rounding item from last month invoice offset in Current month invoice and this month round off item will be sam processed in next invoice.

Regards

Arun