cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agentry- need to use a scanner not integrated with the OS

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

From Agentry I need to be able to use a barcode scanner on a Windows Mobile device, but the scanner is not integrated with Windows Mobile - it is a peripheral device that can be accessed via functions of a DLL that we obtained from the VAR.  Using function calls to the DLL you can specify the PF key that can be used to activate the scanner.  Is it possible to make calls to a DLL from within Agentry this way?  Our legacy application is written in Java so we used Java Native Interface to make the function calls.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make calls out using the Agentry ActiveX controller. 

Agentry ActiveX Client API

The Agentry ActiveX Client API (ActiveX API) provides numerous resources for creating an ActiveX control that is displayed on the Agentry Client’s user interface and that can interact with the Agentry Client in several different ways, including passing various types of data between the Agentry Client and ActiveX control, requests made by the control of the client to execute actions, and for the Agentry Client to be aware of various control-related events such as data entry and changes in focus.

The ActiveX API provided by Syclo includes numerous resources needed by the ActiveX control that must be included in the build and compile stages. There are methods within the Agentry Client that are exposed to the ActiveX control, as well as methods that are expected to exist within the control that will be called at various times by the Agentry Client to notify the control of certain events related to the control and/or the user’s interaction with it. SyBooks Online

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen that looks like it may work for what we need.  The Online books state that the installer for the Client API is available at the "Syclo Fulfillment Center".  I'm pretty new to Agentry so not sure what that is.  I tried googling it and got some hits, but the links appear to be no longer valid.  Can you give me any more info about where to find the installer for this SDK?  Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Syclo Fulfillment Center is no longer around. You can download the files under the Agentry on the Service Market Place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note, The SDK only works on Windows 32 clients and WinCE clients.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just for reference, if you are using one of the other clients (Android, iOS, WPF) you can do the same thing using Open UI,

--Bill

Answers (0)