former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have following issue:

one product can be produced on two machines (tank resources):

Machine A1 has max. capacity of producing 329,6 Kg

Machine A2 has max. capacity of producing 438,7 Kg

Now the production would like to have a seting that would impact the order qty when creating planned orders in APO PPDS,

so that the order quantity would always be equal to the max. capacity of a given machine.

similar to functionality of lot-size qty parameters in material master data, like rounding value or minimum lot-size.

In this case I of course cannot define the lot size in the material master to meet the requirement caouse the machines have different max. capacities.

But I wander if there is a possibility to find a solution for this requirement.

We use SAP PP-Pi 6.0 and APO 7.03

would appreciate any hints!

thanks!

best regards,

Pilvi

I

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

You can define two productions versions (i.e Master Recipes) with Machine A1 and A2 and define Maximum lot size accordingly.

In the product master you keep Lotsize blank so that system will pick it from the PDS.

Regards,

Sajit

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajit,

thank you for the hint. After you email I read again the description of the issue I gave. It is not quite true what the production wants to have, sorry for that.

Taking the example from above:

one product can be produced on two machines (tank resources):

Machine A1 has max. capacity of producing 329,6 Kg

Machine A2 has max. capacity of producing 438,7 Kg

the production wants to round up the quantity of a planned order in APO PPDS to the multiple value of the max capacity of the given machine.

For example: there is a demand of 1200 kg. The production chooses the writhe machine (PDS), e.g. A1 with max capacity of 329,6 Kg and runs heuristic. the heuristic should create pl order with quantity of 1318.4 as multiple value of the max capacity 329,6 Kg (1318.4= 4 x 329.6).

As you can see this would be a functionality of rounding value that is available only in hte material master data.

I would need the rounding value for lot size in the PDS )master recipe)...

thanks!

best regards,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

You  mentioned that product can be produced on both resources. Are there rules based on which resource selection takes place I mean how business decides for 1200kg it will select resource A and not  Resource B

Is it interactive/Manual selection by business based on capacity?

Regards,

Santosh

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

thanks for coming back on this point.

the machine A2 with higher max. capacity of producing 438,7 Kg is the favorit one.They use machine A1 if A2 is loaded.

It almost never happens that they produce the one product on both machine at the same time (=guota arrangements).

the point is to have rounding value per production version (PDS) / planning receipt as we have in hte material master data for lot-size calculation

= to round up the qty of the planned order according to rounding value of the machine output.

I only know the rounding value / profile in the materail master data. I have no idea how I could do it per PDS (receipts?).

thanks,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

You can defined lot size in production versions, as Sajit said above. Now, you can have 2 production versions as below -

one with the resource A2 and lot size as 438.7 kgs and

another with lot size as 329.6 Kgs.

You can use these production versions alternately, the one with A2 first and then the one with A1. This will help you with confirmation as well.

Regards,

Subhash

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subhash,

thanks for responding.

br,

Pilvi

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

this is unfortunately not possible as we cannot limit the minimum qty for manualy created planned orders. If we carry on with this approach you suggested, the system would not allow to create planned orders below the minimum lot size.

Most probably only additional programming would solve this issue.

best regards,

Pilvi

Answers (0)