cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of XML to EXCEL and EXCEL to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have implementing a scenario where requirements are Conversion of XML to EXCEL and EXCEL to XML.

how to do that?need xslt mapping ? or any adapter module is there in SAP?

please suggest any easy wayout ...

Thanks,

Arthita Banerjee.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

Please refer the below blog

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

The second link (Adapter Module Way) is not opening properly... do u have any other link?

And I need the reverse also... Any one have any link?

Thanks,

Arthita

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

The link is working for me. Please find the link again

For Excel to XML conversion refer the below blog

SAPTechnical.COM - XI - Step-by-step guide to develop Adapter Module to read Excel file

XLS to XML conversion using JAVA Mapping in SAP XI 7.0 - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki

regards,

Harish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

One of the ways might be to use an external service, like this Online Converter from XML to Excel to convert XML to Excel format.

It's an online converter and it is easy to use.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually you can create even java mapping very generic and use in one or multiple scenarios.  we don't need to go for adapter module development.  Pass input parameter as xml string  and use apache poi or jexcel api.to convert xml strig to excel format.I'm sure you can also create UDF as function library and use the same across multiple scenarios.  Please search jexcel api or apache poi and download and try.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

My few cents. To chose one or another solution suggested by Harish you should consider if you will have more further scenarios. For only one scenario or two take the XSL/Java mapping way. If you will more scenarios the best option is the Adapter Module way for its re-usability.

Regards.