cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other solution for locked entries in smq2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. Good day!

I have two entries in smq2 that are not moving. However, the status text indicates that they are running. 2 hours has elapsed since the entries started not to move. I have tried unlocking the queues and resetting the message causing the block. After resetting the message, the status text became Object Requested is Currently Locked by User. Thus, I deleted the locked entry in sm12. After deleting, I reset the entries again, then the status was changed to running but the entries are still not moving.

It seems that the steps I performed above do not work. So, my next step is to look at sm37 if there is a failing job. But I found none. I also checked sm59 to see if there is a connection problem with our Java server. But the connection is fine.

Do you have other ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jocelyn,

Does this msg correspond to a BPM collect pattern? May be it is waiting for some other msg to receive.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm...i am not sure...but most probably, it does not correspond to any bpm collect. Anyway, how will i know if it does correspond to a bpm collect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me too not sure, how to check in SMQ2.:-(

We ca do this in SXMB_MONI. Here you will find your msg with green flag.

Here there will be a column for queue name. If you click on this it will take you to the screenyou see from SMQ2. In SXMB_MONI, there will be a column which says PE/AE. If it is PE then the msg corresponds to a BPM. Click on PE to know about the steps completed in the BPM.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hehe...

I followed your instructions to see if it is AE/PE...but on that column where it is supposed to indicate if AE/PE, it is blank.

The entries are now increasing because the message on top of the queue is not yet moving...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was thinking...would it be possible to delete the message causing the block in smq2, then we will just restart that message in sxmb_moni? Does this make sense? Is this not a "dangerous" step?

Thanks so much! 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jocelyn,

You can open the queue and push Execute LUW and check.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The queues are now moving...i don't how it happened but maybe it just took a long time to process the message.

Thanks for all the inputs!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that.

The reasons for working now may be

1. As you said, just needed more time for processing.

2. Queue was unregistered and some one else has registered it now.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (0)