cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of ECC and legacy systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Client is on ECC 6 and wants to upgrade to ECC 7 EHP. The ECC system  interfaces with many other systems. Client told batch programming interfaces also are there. Many systems involved to ECC.
The legacy sytems that are compatible with ECC 6 should not have any problems with ECC 7 right?

For the effort estimation what all should I ask?

I have to clarify if PI is upgraded plus what other questions should be asked to calculate the effort estimation for PI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

>>The legacy sytems that are compatible with ECC 6 should not have any problems with ECC 7 right?

Yes you are right Legacy systems would not have any impact

>>For the effort estimation what all should I ask?

all you need to do is you should stop all outgoing interfaces from PI to ECC during that period and also make sure all the data has correctly with out any issues after upgrade.

>>I have to clarify if PI is upgraded plus what other questions should be asked to calculate the effort estimation for PI

tasks would be like

1.stopping all RFC comm channels (Receiver)

2.monitoring Queues

3.if there is any interfaces w.r.t proxy you need to make sure messages are not stuck in SAP PI or inform the respective ppl

Regards,

Naveen    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naven

PI is used to connect many applications to ECC so how can it help stopping only interfaces to and from ECC?

also they are asking about the effort estimation , as in how many days would be needed to remove ecc 6 and again configure ecc 7 in the system

what has monitoring queues and stopping RFC channels, why only receiver, do with it.

pi should connect all applicatons  back to ecc 7. also bank sites involved.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

>>PI is used to connect many applications to ECC so how can it help stopping only interfaces to and from ECC?

you can only stop RFC channels and other things you can have control only in ECC system as your system will be on upgrade activity i dont think the data would come from ECC to SAP PI.

>>also they are asking about the effort estimation , as in how many days would be needed to remove ecc 6 and again configure ecc 7 in the system

Effort would not be more than one day as all you need to do is removing RFC destinations.

what has monitoring queues and stopping RFC channels, why only receiver, do with it.

>>monitor SMQ1 and SMQ2 in your SAP PI systems.as yous Sender ECC system would be on upgrade activity data would not come from ECC to PI.

>>pi should connect all applicatons  back to ecc 7. also bank sites involved.

Could you please elaborate on this last point...?????

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means PI s used as a middleware and it is not ECC but many systems connected. There are flows from ECC to banks through PI and I don't know how exactly they are connected. ECC and SRM, ECC and MII all connected through PI

Plus some systems are sending data to ECC through PI.

It's a new requirement to upgrade ECC system alone

Answers (0)