cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP Import cancelled at IMPORT_PROPER, need a way out !!

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing a SP upgrade of solman 7.1 from SP05 to SP12 using SAINT (not using SUM). Our import was stuck at IMPORT_PROPER due to a bug in Oracle. We fixed the bug using 1635605 - CLIENT HANGS ON INSERT INTO TABLE WITH SECUREFILE LOB. So the now bug is fixed we need to continue the import. Obviously we can not use SAINT anymore because system is inconcistent, it dumps if we try to restart the import at GUI (we are already in import_proper).

I ran following command at OS and here is the output;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tp SHOWBUFFER ASM pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_ASM.PFL tag=SPAM

SAPK-70212INSAPBSFND|                    | |will not be imported because it is tagged.

SYNCMARK            |                    | |is a special entry (no transport request).

SAPK-70111INWEBCUIF |                    | |will not be imported because it is tagged.

SYNCMARK            |                    | |is a special entry (no transport request).

SAPKU70111          |                    | |will not be imported because it is tagged.

SAPKB70215          |                    | |will not be imported because it is tagged.

SAPKA70215          |                    | |will not be imported because it is tagged.

SAPK-70215INPIBASIS |                    | |will not be imported because it is tagged.

that makes 0 transports to be imported.

tp finished with return code: 0

meaning:

Everything OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what is the way forward? My guess is we need to do import at OS level using tp commands. How to do it? what are the steps to be followed before doing import using tp commands.

Thanks,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

In addition check with command

tp delfrombuffer SAPKXXXXX pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_ASM.PFL

Regards,

Gaurav

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

There are 172 SPs in queue. So above method will not be working for me. Is there any  other ways around?

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

You would better not to reset queue without getting a suggestion or approval from SAP Support. Otherwise your SP-Update could cause a restore.

Best,

Serhat

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The solutions as workaround may be plenty. However, I would suggest you to take a quick suggestion from SAP. That fix that they would provide would surely fix that easily without disruption or future issues.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

How do I reset the import queue at OS level?

Rename the <SID> files in /usr/sap/trans/buffer and check again.

Regards,

Gaurav Rana

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

You have to reset the import queue. in your case better you can raise the support ticket to SAP.

BR

SS

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks,

How do I reset the import queue at OS level?

Regards,

Vivek

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

At present are you getting any dump? could you share the dump or error details?

BR

SS