cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with complex table search type in Agentry?

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my SAP Work Manager application 5.3, I have changed the field type for a field from "Complex table drop down" to "Complex table search" because of some search issues in IPAD.

When using the "complex table drop down" the search functionality for some search criteria is not working so I have changed it to "Complex table search". Now the search functionality is working fine. This is the case when adding new notification items.

When I use the "Complex table search" field type in notification edit screen, the previous values for the complex table fields are not getting populated but search functionality is working.

When I change the field type to "complex table drop down" the previous values are getting populated, but search is not working.

There is no problem in the add screens. But when apply the same in edit screens the previous values are not getting populated.

Please suggest. Why this abnormal behavior is occurring.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

Never change the type of an existing screen field or transaction property. Always delete and re-create it as the new type.  Also, what version of Agentry are you running WM 5.3 on?  That is an old version and the clients have since been improved to better handle those CT problems.  You should try to upgrade Agentry versions if possible.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.. I am using Agentry 6 version. But the functionality is working fine when i change the same in add screen. Problem is in edit screen.

I will try to do delete and re create the fields as you suggested and update you the result.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have deleted the previous agentry definition and added again with field type as "complex table search" but still the same problem.

I have tried mapping the "Initial value" in the transaction property then also the previous values are not getting populated in the 'Notification Item edit" screen.

When I change the field type as "complex table drop down", the previous values are populating successfully but complex search is not working.

When I change the field type as "complex table search", the previous values are not populating but complex search is working fine.

Could you please suggest me why it is happening like this.

Do I need to map any agentry definition to get the previous values into the edit transaction screen when using "complex table search".

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Is there any possibility of populating the previous values into the edit screen using the "Initial value" option available in the "Complex Table Search" field type.

Please suggest for the possible ways to populate the values into the edit screen when using "Complex Table Search" option.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Roopa,

Can you clarify what you mean by populating the previous value on edit?  Do you mean into the dialog that pops up when searching or the field on the screen?

If the field on the screen is the desired location that absolutely yes it is possible.  If in the search dialog I am not 100% sure.

--Bill

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

No, you want to set the initial values in the transaction.  My guess is that your old Agentry version is buggy.  I remember similar problems back then that have since been corrected.  Your only solution is going to be to upgrade.  There are no work-arounds that I am aware of.

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have encountered similar issue in Agentry editor version 6.0.38.1,Work Manager 5.3(Server version 6.0.38.1),Agentry client 6.0.46.0.I have upgraded my editor to and server versions to v6.0.46.Still the issue exsists.Please suggest either it is a standard bug or we need to write an update rule to populate the values.I have tried all the senarios like transaction field mappings,update rules...etc but no luck.I have posted an thread that replicates the similar kind of issue

Please kindly suggest how to proceed further to over come the issue

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Please explain how complicated the scenario is.  Do your fields rely on other properties or is there a cascade relationship involved between fields?  You should be able to just set the value in the initial value on the transaction, and the CT Search field should default to the correct value.  I may have missed it, but what platform are you having the trouble on?  Have you tired on other platforms with any success?

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your prompt reply.I have set initial value in transctaion, CT search field is reffering to the correct transaction field.There is a cascading relation defined.The issue encountered in Ipad.I have tried to check the same functionality in ATE it is working fine.Please suggest how to proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Make sure you have the fields defined in cascade order on the screen, meaning: If field2 relies on field1, make sure field1 is higher on the screen field list than field2.  I don't mean the row positions, that doesn't matter.  Field1 should show up first on the field list before field2.

If that does not help, then your iPad client version still has a bug that prevents this from working.  It has been fixed in a newer release, but I don't know exactly what version.  You would need to upgrade, or log a bug against your version.

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.The scenario is working fine for "complex table search" but not for "complex table drop down".I am using Agentry client version 6.0.46.0.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have tried all the scenarios as you suggested. But the application is showing same buggy behavior. I to thought it may be the problem with agentry client version as you said.

My current agentry client is v6.0.46. Recently the next version is v6.0.48 is released and in the "Release Note" of this version I could see that, there is fix regarding the complex table search.

So I will try to test the application in this version of client and let you know the update.

Thanks for all your support.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Sometimes Agentry cache the fields behaviour, Try this solution Initially delete the field from notification edit, delete it from Trash bin also ,  and again recreate the field as complex table search with different name, Delete the development folder and again republish the project.

-Krish