cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Java claims "No connection set up to Service Registry" when trying to add provider system

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I want to consume web services published to the Services Registry from a NetWeaver Java system (a BPM process), the provider system is not available and when I try to add it it claims there is no connection to the Service Registry even though it is set up. In detail:

I follow Configuring Consumer Applications - Administration - SAP Library:

NetWeaver Administrator > SOA > Application and Scenario Communication > Application Communication (or /nwa/appcommunication) > I choose the application from the list > stay on the Consumed Services Groups tab > click Edit.

The provider system (which I can see in the Service Registry on the Systems tab as well as on the Service Definitions tab next to the relevant services) is not in the list. I choose "Create..." from the dropdown list.

Alternatively I try to add the system following Creating Connections to Provider Systems - Administration - SAP Library:

NetWeaver Administrator > SOA > Technical Configuration > System Connections (or /nwa/systems) > stay on the tab Provider Systems > New

Either way I am now on the same screen with these fields:

System Name: ______________ [value help button]

System Type: ABAP | SAP Java | SAP Process Integration | Other

Client: ___ (as long as ABAP is selected)

Description: ___________

So I switch from ABAP to SAP Process Integration because the services that are published to the Services Registry that I want to consume are on the PI system (exposed from Sender Agreements).

Then I click the value help button next to the system name. The list is empty and there is an error message at the bottom "No connection set up to Service Registry".

But I did set up the connection to the Services Registry! I configured the consumer proxy ServicesRegistrySi. And when I click on the Services Registry link on the main page of the NetWeaver Java system (or go to /sr_central) I am redirected to the central services registry (which happens to also be on the PI system, but it shouldn't matter where it is), where I can see the "missing" system and the published services - as expected.

So why does it say there is no connection to the Service Registry? I have been searching up and down which other connection to the Service Registry it could mean, but I find nothing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nathanjabs
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

I am experiencing the same issue, did you ever get this resolved?

Thanks,

Nate

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Back then I didn't manage to get that to work (to make the systems show up in that pop-up) and ended up setting up the connections manually without a provider system.

Now when I go to that page the systems do show up in this pop-up but I don't know why. In the meantime some SPs have been applied to the system, so maybe it was a bug and was fixed. There are not a lot of people making permanent configurations on this landscape, but it could still be that someone else did something that fixed the problem, sadly I don't know what.

nathanjabs
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Monika.  I've resolved our issue, it was related to the pisuper account password expiring and the password was needing to be reset, updated it to be a technical user non expiring and connection was established.  I didn't notice it until looking into the logs. After changing this I was able to connect to the services registry.

Thanks,

Nate

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have read the first one. There the solution was that the user that was used in the connection had been deleted. My user exists.

The second one is about ABAP connectivity, so not relevant.