cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing multiple values as Input to RFC look up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is to pass multiple values to the RFC and get one single output. I have declared my input as a table that has two fields and exporting parameter as a table type with only one field. RFC alone works fine but the look up in PI failed. It gives me null value.

I did refer to

and it did not work.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

some time there might be a cache issue also,so try to refresh the cache and also do some dummy changes in rfc lookup channel and active it . & then test.

also try with single value rather then multiple to check it work for single or not

and one last thing to check is if not work the do external breakpoint in rfc and then test.

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no issue with the channel i believe as the same channel is working fine with other look ups. The single value is not working.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ya some time it look like no issue with channel but please try to do dummy changes in channel and just activate.

and also try to re-import the rfc structure if not work and then active the channel

last try with external brakpoint and then test

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Man you are super star. I just re activated the comm channel and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC look up now returns me one value. I want to copy the same value multiple times based on the context.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

you can use node function "Use one as many" for your requirment.

refer the wiki for more detail - http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Explain+node+functions

Or if the same value you want to copy to all output field then use copy value function.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it..Thanks Harish.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Did u bind the value in operation mapping... Can you please let us know the result of end to end.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying this look up and display queue shows null value when I'm expecting one value to come. RFC alone works fine.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

please provide the rfc chanel name in the mapping Test tab

Then test the interface you can get the values....

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Please provide a screenshot of your mapping logic for the rfc lookup. We'd also like a display queue value of the input(s) and a screenshot of RWB comm channel monitoring for the RFC receiver that you are using.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the RFC I'm using the table to get the multiple data and then process those to get one output.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

In Message mapping test tab

select parameters tab  in the down and provide the rfc name in the Import parameters and test the interface in Message mapping...

Also provide  below thing..

Double cllick on RFC lookup and provide the screenshot....

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is already there.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

while testing in message mapping test tab also provide this name as mentioned above and test it..

then let us know the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean I have to provide the RFC name ZFIC_TRANSACTION_TYPE in the parameters tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The result is the same.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share your mapping for the rfc lookup and also the inputs to it?

Regards,

Mark

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

did you tested the input locally in RFC (SAP system)?

regards,

harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i did it worked fine.