Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible change supplemental language after few years?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I found beautiful article about language.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/851250

I gave task our SAP administrator to set supplemental language. Because he don't know about SAP nothing, he moved this task to our SAP support.

SAP support give me answer - "is not possible change supplemental language" post facto. Because language was installed and set 15 year ago.

Is possible change supplemental language after 15 years? (Sorry for question, but I need proof if is possible. I think this is possible.)

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Smoula,

as I wrote in the link you provided - supplementation language cannot be changed in SAP standard. Reason for this is that every time you do a supplementation run, texts are copied from the supplementation language to the target language - and these texts cannot be deleted afterwards.

In theory one could change database entries and change the supplementation language, but this would result in a mixture of 3 languages: Original language, old supplementation language and new supplementation language. Hence  I would not recommend to do it ...

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

1 REPLY 1

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Smoula,

as I wrote in the link you provided - supplementation language cannot be changed in SAP standard. Reason for this is that every time you do a supplementation run, texts are copied from the supplementation language to the target language - and these texts cannot be deleted afterwards.

In theory one could change database entries and change the supplementation language, but this would result in a mixture of 3 languages: Original language, old supplementation language and new supplementation language. Hence  I would not recommend to do it ...

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel