cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: Release app: How to manage users and flavors for an app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

This is question regarding the settings for a complete Personas app.

The goal:

A Personas app is just complete. It is time to figure out how to manage users to use it, and how to make sure that all the app screens work for all the users.

My example app structure:

Screen_A: the Personas initial screen (or called Home screen) where there are several buttons to launch different transactions.

Screen_B, Screen_C, ... These are the customised screens for the transactions.

Questions:

1. How to manage new users? Please reply if my following understanding is correct:

My understanding for manging users: A user group should be created to hold all users. Users are assigned specific roles. Whenever a new user is needed, just add the new user into the group.

2. How to manage UI (flavors)? Please reply if the following is correct:

Screen_A, and all the other screens need to be assigned to the group so all the users in the group can access these flavors.

3. Anything else missed?

Thanks a lot!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly my approach. Create a group and assign both users and flavours to that group. Note that when you assign flavours to a group you can also specify, for each transaction, which flavour is the default. In my case each transaction has only one flavour and so I assign that as default (and also remove from users access to the Basic View), and so users then don't need to think about flavours at all - they are just presented with the appropriate set of screens.

If you have multiple flavours for a single transaction, or multiple Personas applications that overlap, setting default flavours may not work for you, but it is certainly worth doing if you can.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for the practical tips.

The special case in my app is that I am doing IW38 with different parameters so that the middle "selection" screen is filled with different parameters - resulting different result screens. This sounds like multiple flavors for single transaction case. "Like" your answer.

By the way, what role do you assigne to your users in admin_ui?

Br,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

My users all have the role "RENDER_FLAVORSWITCH".

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Set yours as Correct.

Br,

Dong

Answers (0)