cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Request Reason: Should be made Mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When user creates a Change Request, Reason should be mandated like description.

Please let me know if there is any config or do we have to perform any coding.

Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also working on the same requirement. Can anybody please explain the steps?

We have inherited the standard class in Genil and able to put the * . But how to add error message? As 'reason ' field is not there in Data model.

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Archana,

Check BADI USMD_CREQUEST_UI. In method IF_EX_USMD_CREQUEST~INITIALIZE ,  REASON_MANDATORY of CS_CREQUEST_FIELD could be set to X

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This BADI is only triggering when we are doing a mass request and not for any single Change Request. Looking for one which can be used for single CR also

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CL_USMD_CR_GUIBB_GENERAL_DATA is the feeder class behind the CR UIBB. I tried to set property Mandatory to X in GET_DEFINITION , but it didn't work. I think the property has to be set at Genil model itself as suggested by Abdullah.

Alternatively , you could get the details of the CR using method READ_CREQUEST of class CL_USMD_CREQUEST_API in CHECK_ENTITY of rule service badi and throw an error message if the reason is not filled

Regards,
Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to edit the property in the feeder class, you should do it in the GET_DATA method not in the GET_DEFINITION method.

However, keep in mind, if you enhance the feeder class, then, it is only mandatory in the FPM configurations that use that feeder class. Parents or children of the feeder class could have a different behavior. However, if you enhance the GenIL handler, then, it will always be mandatory (of course depending on the logic you add in the GenIL handler) regardless of the feeder class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Derivation rules are used for entities.

For CR fields, you can do that by enhancing the CR GenIL model (transaction GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER). Create an enhancement (for example, called ZCR) and change the CR Reason attribute to mandatory. Another way is to find the handler class defined for the CR GenIL model. Enhance the get_attribute_properties method (using a post-exit) to change the CR reason to mandatory in the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

How can I add the error message for 'reason field' if it is not filled. I am able to put * on the field label using GENIL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana

You need to achive this by setting derivation rule

Please refer How to Check or Derive an Attribute Value in MDG Using BRFPlus