cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set Technical user policy in NW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just done a fresh install of  the latest available NW 7.4 SR06.

When I am trying to create or modify a user in Identity management

and set the Security Policy to technical user after pressing the save button
the system automatically switches the user over to default security profile.

Anyone has seen this behaviour before or have some clues on how to fix it?

Best regards,

Johan Nordebrink

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Kindly check the sapnote 2047550 - Amending user master data on a J2EE engine fails with "Security Policy does not exist" exc...

If possible , also do paste the default.trc.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I have checked the default trace log and I do not get an exception when this is happening.
In the Identity management screen I get a successful "User attributes modified" message.

The only profiles I have in the system are "Default" and "Technical user". Every time I try to modify a user from default to Technical user it switches the user back to default. Also if I create a new user and select Technical user it will switch it over to default.

Best regards,

Johan

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Johan,

You can give a try by deleting and generating the Security policy.

Also do let us know the SPS of your system.

1607818 - User modify operations show incorrect Security Policy

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excuse me for not being so familiar with Netweaver, but how do you
delete and generate the security profiles?

For the version of Netweaver it says for the components in the service information:

Other version are:
1.6.0_81
6.1.070 24.55-b08

Best regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

for the "Technical user" I can not even delete it or change the values as.

When pressing the "Modify configuration" button and selecting the Technical user profile
The delete button is not enabled and all the settings are also not enabled to change.

I have created a new profile named Admin that I can use instead of the Technical user profile.
This is a workaround, but I anyway would like to have a root-cause solution.

Best regards,

Johan

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Johan, we experience quite a similar problem on NW 7.40 AEX SPS 7. Did you overcome your problem other than the already mentioned workaround?

Thanks for your input

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

No, we have not got a solution and are still using the workaround.

Best regards,

Johan

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I searched for this problem on SCN and xsearch and came up with a note that just might be matching: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2140151. However, I haven't implemented this yet so I cannot say if this would work. Luckily there are no SCA dependancies so implementation of just that software component "UMA Administration" should be fine.

You could test, if this note probably would apply to you by simply changing the language of the user you are administring PI with. I'm from Germany so our administrator normally uses "German" as language for his user. When logged on with German language he had the problems you described (even though he was able to delete users in the Identity Management). When changing to the language of his adminstrator user to English (maybe rebooting the system, which we did on development landscape), clearing browser cache, he was able to create the users with "Technical User" security policy.

The languages you need to handle with may be different, of course (e.g. Swedish and English?).

Let me know if that helped you. I myself will try to report back if we patched our system with the above note.

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Yes, it seems to be because of the language. We have only tested it with an administrator that used "German" as language in the browser. Today I tried the same having the "English" and it worked for me.

Best regards,

Johan

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great to hear that this helped. So I think we can be pretty sure the patch in the mentioned note will solve this issue.

Maybe this thread helps others who are in the same situation.

Cheers

Jens

Answers (0)