cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knapsack(algorithm) problem in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does some have been in the situation to solve the Knapsack problem in EWM when doing the picking?

Here is the information about the problem Knapsack problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically problem: "Given a set of items, each with a mass and a value, determine the number of each item to include in a collection so that the total weight is less than or equal to a given limit and the total value is as large as possible"

My question would be: Has EWM something standard to solve this? or do I have to implement my own algorithm?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In which process you wanted to include it.

There is Warehouse Order Creation Rule concept which deals with filters, limits and sub totals to control the Warehouse Orders. you can check that.

If you can elaborate with your business process in simple English language, you can expect more responses.

Regards,
Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Thank you for you answer. I will check what you suggest.

We are in a early stage of the project, but this business process will be during the picking preparation. Basically when the picking starts the user will need to create an empty HU(a box or boxes) and EWM will have to tell him via Picking-to-Light the products to fill the HU with the most efficient way, taking into consideration weight and dimensions of materials.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Yes has suggested by Sathish you can do with WOCR and pack speclogics.

Also check quantity classification in EWM for picking. Does it suites you.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Suraj, I will check it.