cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between PRICAT02 and PRICECATALOGUE02?

former_member317232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to activate the PRICAT message for my customer. The main purpose is create the material masters and the price catalogs.

I have some questions for you:

1- Could you please confirm that thanks to PRICAT, it's possible to create material master + price catalog? or only catalogs?

2- What is the difference between the IDocs PRICAT02 and PRICECATALOGUE02?

Do I have to use them together.

Please advice with the steps.

Thank you.

Saâd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member317232
Participant
0 Kudos

Fo you have any news about my requestion/question?

0 Kudos

Hi,

If anything serves , " PRICAT02 " is for inbound messages and " PRICECATALOGUE02 " is for outbound messages .

TKS

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sure OP has already figured this out since 2014.

Kindly don't resurrect such old discussions unless you're adding a solution that you are confident about and that cannot be found otherwise. OP could've just googled this even back in 2014.

former_member317232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm going to give some examples:

We used the IDoc ORDERS in order to send the purchase order by EDI to the supplier. Then the EDI will create the same PO on his sytem

Afterwards, he is going to send us the invoice by EDI too and the invoice will be created automatically on our system.

Now the aim is that the supplier will send us (by EDI) the material data and the price catalog thanks to PRICAT or PRICECATALOGUE (he is my question). The system will create the material master data + prices automatically on our system.

Is is clear now?

Thank you.

Saâd

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saad,

Looks like you have some confusion. The idocs  are used for distributing the data to other system for example E commerce system.

As far as the below  point that you have mentioned is concern for that you can maintain the Product catalogues in SAP system.

"The main purpose is create the material masters and the price catalogs."

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

former_member317232
Participant
0 Kudos

Any answers experts?