Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Remote client copy

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have recently competed EHP upgrade in the ECC quality system  and wanted to copy Production data in to it. so tried doing remote client copy from the Quality system. but it gave an error saying "release of export and import system must be identical" . I can understand that my Production system is at lower EHP level compared to the Quality system and I completely understand the logic behind this. however, I am approaching you all to check if there is any other way we can achieve this? because this is so critical now as the testing team is waitng for the production data to begin with their Unit testing in the quality system

please share your valuable input if anyone has comeacross such situation !!

thanks for your help in advance

regards,

ASK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The problem you have right now is not related to SAP or the way how SAP works. The problem is due to "Bad Planning". The most important requirement for a client copy is that the system components should be on the same patch level especially the BASIS. At this stage all you can do to fulfill the requirement of the test team is by restoring the production system backup and the kernel to the test system and do the post refresh activities. Once this is done you will have to do an EHP update on the test system again.

RB

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is the correct approach. Also correct diagnosis!

siva123
Participant
0 Kudos

i am closing this thread!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
"release of export and import system must be identical

At least, the BASIS release should be same to give it a try.

Other option is to generate the transport request and use "ignore invalid component version" and check. But that is also incorrect in your case.

Regards,

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can understand that my Production system is at lower EHP level compared to the Quality system and I completely understand the logic behind this. however, I am approaching you all to check if there is any other way we can achieve this? 

This is not possible. Before you started off QAS upgrade you could have refreshed QAS with PRD data and then upgraded QAS. Bydoing this we ensure QAS has production data which can used for testing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori