cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT01 with Mvt-711/712..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please explain the process of LT01 using Movement type-711 or 712..??

I tried to clear stock from existing bin using mvt 711 or 712 as stock adjustment. After completion of LT01, stock posted to storage type-999.

Requirement is to write off stock after doing LT01 with mvt 711 or 712.

Could you please correct the process give flow of steps..??

Regards,

Govind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish & Jurgen,

Yes of course, it is not a best practice to do with 711 in LT01 directly without physical inventory.

I am just looking out for an alternate for this scenario using with different movement in MIGO.

Can we do postings with Mvt-511..??

Regards,

Govind.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why 511 free of charge delivery?  551 scrap would probably be the better alternative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish,

Scenario is not regarding physical inventory process.

Here requirement is for dispensing the material loss, in LT01, instead of 999 mvt, by using 711 mvt stock will be issued. Then in LX02, stock will update in stor type-999.

Again we need to write off in LI20. Material document is generated.

This will be used frequently. Physical inventory cant be done regularly.

so, Is the process correct for suggesting client..??

Please suggest..!!

Regards,

Govind.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We cannot confirm you whether you should suggest that to your client or not as this is not specific to standard SAP practice for MvT type 711 / 712 however technically SAP is flexible enough to accommodate that

in the above case your process flow should be

1) Create TO using MvT 711, Stock will get transferred to the Storage type 999 and the bin which you are giving as a requirement number on front screen.

2) Perform LI21 to clear the stock from 999, which will create material document and perform the financial posting

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can second that, it is not good practice to do it that way.

And I do not really see a benefit in doing it that way. There is really no bigger effort in creating a inventory document for a single storage bin. Nobody said that you can only do inventory for all bins at the same time.

My auditors would question this way, as they would ask for an evidence that a count was conducted, they do not like to see that somebody just erases quantities from the system.

When do you know about missing stock? Probably at the moment you a TO and cannot fulfill it. Here you have the option to  post a difference directly from the TO confirmation. This way you can have a written statement on the TO form that the material was not found, and you have an automatic way to post to 999 without doing this extra 711 movement via LT01.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mvt 711 and 712 is related to Physical inventory and the process flow for physical inventory is

Physical inventory document creation (LI01N)

Activate the inventory document using LI02N(This will block the storage bin)

Count using LI11N

Clear WM inventory using LI20 (Will transfer the stock to Storage type 999 and unblock the bin)

Clear IM inventory using LI21 (which will clear the stock from Storage type 999)

refer the below SAP link for more detail

Inventory - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------