cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui 7.40 - blue crystal theme - design flaws/bugs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just installed sapgui 740 and activated new blue crystal theme which is very similar to webdesign of fiori.

I see two serious bugs, but maybe it's just me...

1. SAP most likely (maybe unintentionally) added secret game called "guess which one you can type in", edit fields look same no matter if they are read only or editable...

2. abap editor(new) does not highlight syntax on some systems (all text is black even highlight settings are properly set). I'm not sure if this is caused by incompatibility between kernel/basisSP and gui.

Did anybody bumped to these bugs?

If you have others, please post them here.

Thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you raise a ticket for each separate issue Martin?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude, no problem. I was afraid if I'm doing this in correct place. I could not find other discussion about new sapgui issues... but it does not mean that it does not exist. Honestly I was expecting that someone would link me to other place where all bugs are noted centrally.

I was also considering to raise oss message... but i decided to start here. I consider this place a community forum, but this is moreless product issue... I cannot imagine how much influence SCN has over SAP.

So your suggestion is to split my original post into two, right?

(I'm asking one more time, because I'm not sure if you mean it or it was just sarcasm )

Regards,

Martin

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No Martin, I wasn't being sarcastic, the correct process for bug reporting is though the message process,although it's always a good idea to raise awaweness of issues through the forum too,but for actual fixes,the OSS message is the correct process,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i created 2 threads as you requested:

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both bugs will be solved in upcoming gui patch.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I might be wrong but the symptom you described in point "1" looks like the new "Typeahead" feature available in newer SAP Release/Kernel running on Hana with the new GUI 7.40.

Kind regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having an issue with the syntax highlighting as well. In my case it just seems to randomly highlight things red....

CatalinChiuaru
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I also have the same problem. In ABAP Development Workbench (SE80) some coding parts randomly marked with red...it is a little bit confusing.

regards,

Catalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neither of those appears to be an issue for me, although the difference between input fields and output-only fields is, er, subtle! A darker grey background for the output-only fields would be nice.

This is with NW 7.40 SP3 and the newest kernel, in case that makes a difference.

Steve.