cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle DB licensing options for SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What are the pros and cons while buying SAP with Oracle DB licensed under ASFU or FU?

ASFU – Application specific full use

FU    - Full Use

Heard there is another licensing option ESL – Embedded Software License for Oracle. Is it available while buying SAP? Or Is it same as ASFU?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

I'm afraid that ESL license won't fit the needs for an SAP system and is not made for that kind of usage.

The SAP ASFU license does include many costly options and from what I've been told it's cheaper than what you can get from Oracle except if your company has already a lot of Oracle licenses and is able to negotiate a very good price.

Regards

740897 - Info about the Oracle license scope; Required Oracle options

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Oracle_licensing

An Embedded Software License (ESL) is a very restrictive license type available from Independant Software Vendors (ISVs) who embed Oracle technology into their product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of your help.

1. Went through the doc at Wiki, and found it is useful.

2. The doc 740897 asks for user name and password to open up to SAP Market Place.

I do not have a login over there, And i tried to create one but found it is only for Customers or Partners. Am neither an SAP customer nor a Partner at this point in time. Am just a beginner over here.

I hope the doc would have information regarding SAP Product Availability Matrix along with licensing options. The information is important to me,

Can you please suggest an alternate to get similar info.?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.