SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing MARC entry in listing by wsm3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

we are listing  materials by wsm3.if we are adding new site to assortment, again do listing on a site by wsm3, the article is listed (records found in Table WLK1) but MARC entry is not getting updated. system version :SAP ECC 6.0 EHP6.

Best Regards,

ziqi

5 REPLIES 5

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have extended the Article to new site before listing ?.I believe listing and extending the article to the site is different.First you need to extend the article to the new site ,So the MARC entry get updated.When you do listing through WSm3 the listing entry is updated in WLK1 table.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ziqi,

If you are adding a new site to an existing assortment, I would suggest to run WSM8 transaction to re-organize the listing conditions. If the volume is high, you can run the WSM8 in background.

In this transaction give reference of your Assortment and MCs for New article listing. Make sure the New Listing checkbox is selected on the selection screen. In order to get MARC generated while listing, make sure the reference article has all mandatory fields for Logistic Store and Logistic DC views.

Also there is a transaction code to see the MARC errors and fix them.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I went to SE38, program name RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1.And it fixed the problem. I can't always do it.what is causing this issue?

best regards,

ziqi

0 Kudos

Hello Ziqi:

Among other things, execution of Listing should extend the Article to those Sites included in the general assortment (MARC) and also create the listing conditions (WLK1).

Success very much depends on properly maintained reference articles.  Is there a reference article maintained or assigned for each merchandise category?  This is the usual case.

To troubleshoot, create an article in the same merchandise category, execute listing in MM41, and save the article.  Are any messages sent to your In Box or any other error messages generated?

The most common cause of difficulty is that reference articles are not properly maintained.  During listing, the values in the reference article Logistics DC and Logistics Store views (stored against the Reference DC and Reference Store) are copied to the new MARC records that are created during execution of Listing.  Missing or incorrect values  in the reference article Logistics DC and Logistics Store view will cause an error and thus the MARC records cannot be created.

- Paul

-------------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail

0 Kudos

Hi,

Good day.  We have the following situation that is related to the above.

We list using WSM3 and then this creates the WLK1 and MARC entries as expected.  The MARC entries are created from the 'reference site' (as expected).

We would like to influence the field values in the new MARC entries and are wondering if there is a way to do this via configuration, or only with a userexit. 

For example, if the default MRP type in the reference site is PD, but in the target site we would like it to be X0 for example.

Note, I know we could change the reference site values, but that would create other issues for us.

Please let us know if you have done this before and what you found to be the best way to do this.

Thanks.

JP