Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages struck in To be delivered and Delivering status in SAP PI

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am PI 7.31 dual stack, there were lot of messages struck in PI JAVA stack in the above mentioned status. When I looked into the issue then I found that mostly the messages were in FTP receiver channels. So I stopped and started the concerned channels and then the messages in To be delivered status were successfully processed but after that there are still messages in delivering status.... not much but there are always 12 to 13 messages in error. I have added the per file transfer and connection time out values in all the concerned File receiver channels but the delivering status messages are still there.

Please suggest me the additional help.

This is kind of urgent as it is in production.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

is there an error in the audit log of one of the to be delivered messages?

Regards

Claudia

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no to be delivered status message now, messages are only in delivering status.

@Mutti - I have already followed this thread and done the required setting in the channels.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Seems like the target system is not available to accept messages.

Can you check/confirm with the 3rd party if the FTP server is available / running always or there is downtime if any.

Regards,

Azhar

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One option:

Restart XPI Service: Messaging System. This will cause all the messages to fail, including the Delivering messages. Then you can either cancel or reprocess the failed messages.

If you have multiple server nodes, you may restart the service on one node at a time to avoid service breakage.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

when message get stuck, did you check the threads assigned to the stuck queue? what is the max number of threads assigned to the stuck queue?

Cheers,

Hidayat

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hidayat,

Can you please tell me how to check it, and what should be the value?

I am on PI 7.31