cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to separate G/L accounts for damaged goods, Poor quality and Scraps in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

There is one requirement of my client as to separate the G/L accounts of sales returns for Damaged goods, poor quality and scrap. At present sales and returns are happening to the same G/Ls.

Please suggest the possible solutions completely step by step to hit G/Ls separately.

Thanks in advance...

Neel..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I will consider you people suggestions and thanks for valuable inputs. I am having a second thought if we can do the assignment for separate storage locations instead of G/L Accounts. So we can track it as per the inventory account wise. Will this be suggestible to my client please advise.

Thanks in advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use order reason for those damage, poor quality, scrap.

Have SO user exit mandate order reason selection from custom table maintnance for order type e.g. RE or CN DN etc.

In account determination, create new table with order reason as one of the key. Assign the different GL code for those order reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

I have one doubt, for sales order we posted values in one G/L account while doing return sales order we have to deduct the value from same G/L account then how come you deduct the value from different G/L account

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
suggest the possible solutions completely step by step to hit G/Ls separately

Avoid asking like this which is not encouraged in SCN.   SCN can only show the direction in which you can travel and it is upto you to decide whether to go or not.  This means, you have to put some efforts.

Coming to your requirement,  have the material group in your VKOA settings and input the same when you create a return sale order. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

Thanks, but we are creating the return sales order with reference to original invoice number. So creating new material code for the same will not be feasible. I am not sure is we can create new item category and do configuration accordingly for this please suggest if possible.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos
I am not sure is we can create new item category and do configuration accordingly for this

Yes it is possible. You can add "condition table" or create new as per your requirement.

SPRO Path : Sales N Dist--Basic Function--Account Assignment/ Costing--Revenue Account Determination--Define dependencies of Revenue A/C Determination--Account determination: Create tables.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

-AJC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neel,

As per your requirement, try to open new material code (if possible) for damage/scrape material.

Then need to maintain damage/ scrape "material account assignment group" different from actual material.

Maintain separate G/L in VKOA in "Cust.Grp/MaterialGrp/AcctKey"

For Eg.

You sale to customer say Material "FG-01" and respective "MaterialGrp" is "01"

For these you need to create new code for  damage/scrape material say "DFG-01" and respective "MaterialGrp" is "02"

When it return first you need to do transfer posting from "FG-01" to "DFG-01" (material to material transfer) respective return qty.

Maintain separate G/L in VKOA in "Cust.Grp/MaterialGrp/AcctKey" for "DFG-01"

Hope this will help you.

Regards

-AJC