Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different putaway strategy instead single strategy for all storage types

sb_er
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

Here my doubt is for different put away strategy (open, shelf, bulk and fixed) using different put away strategy (B, C, F, I, L … etc).

But put away strategy search the bin through storage type indicator (FIX, REG, HRL …etc). The storage bin of the storage type ( 001, 002, 005…etc) which assigned to storage type indicator.

Why should we use different put away strategy (B, C, F, I … etc) instead of using only one put away strategy (L) for all storage type.

Regards

karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage search strategy indicator defines the sequence in which you will search the storage types, and putaway strategy for a certain storage type explains how you do your putaway.

E.g. let's see this on an example.
You have storage searxh indicator STR.

You have fixed bin storage type, you have one bulk storage type and you have one shelf storage type.
First you want to putaway in shelf storage type (002), then in bulk storage type (003), and last in fixed bin ST (001).

You will define:
WHNum => E => STR => 002 => 003 => 001

This only tells us the sequence of storage types, the order in which your putaway strategy tries to place the pallets.

But the explicit strategy defined for a particular storage type tells us how you want to place pallets in that storage type when strategy chooses it for putaway.

For shelf storage type you will choose L - next empty bin.
But for bulk, you will use B because if you use L-then only one pallet would be placed in a bulk storage bin but the bin can hold maybe 50 pallets, so you need to use OMM4 to define a capacity for bulk storage bin types...

Finally for F - fixed bin strategy, you define a single bin - and only one bin in the storage type where the exact material is placed. You define the fixed bin in material master WM 2 view below the palletization data. (in org data you need to specify your fixed bin storage type to see that data on WM 2 view)

So basically, indicator is for searching and the sequence of the storage types for putaway, but this strategy you assign to each storage type tells you how the system places stock when it selects the exact storage type.

Depending on your actual layout and storage configuration you define these strategies for each storage type.

sb_er
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks lot for your reply. i got cleare my doubt

karan

Answers (0)