cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explorer personal views in Mobile SAP BI version 6.0.9 for BI 4.1

0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we create Personal Views in Explorer using SAP BI Mobile App 6.0.9.

Initally when we used SBO Explorer, we can create and save Personal Views in explorer.

Now we have migrated from 4.0 environment to 4.1 environment & I am guessing that the SBO Explorer App support will be revoked as SAP is planning to bring everything under one App.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Aditya Tanak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

There is an option to save personal views for Infospaces as well in 6.0.9

Are you able to see Save View if you open any webi document?

If yes, you have to do the same , when you open an information space.

you should be able to see Save as in the left corner when you click on the (Gear) icon.

Let me know if you still have queries

Regards,

Atul B

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

When I connect to BI 4.0 using that APP 6.0.9 i can see the save view option for Webi. but when I connect to BI 4.1 SP3 patch 1 using the same app 6.0.9 I am unable to see the save view Option along with other options like Anotation & collaboration option. Do we need to configure any settings in CMC or Server to make it visible in app when connecting to 4.1 ?

Regards,

Aditya Tanak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Yes, make sure that the BI 4.1 SP3 P1 machine has offlinestorage property set to TRUE.

this will be under CMC>applications> SAP BO Mobile>client settings.

For more info, also go through

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55136

Regards,

Atul B

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Also fnd the below link for Admin Guide which states that "Personal Views can only be created for Webi Reports" ref: page no. : 94 Point no : 4 & 5

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/609_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

Does this mean that I have to go back to SBO Explorer (4.1.11) to create the Personal Views ?

Regards,

Aditya Tanak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Nope.

Personal views are available for explorer. I have checked it as well, i am able to view it.

Regards,

Atul B

0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply.

will check and revert.

Regards,

Aditya Tanak

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Let me know your finding. I am also facing same issue.

Thanks Atul.. Great work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Could you also confirm that SBO explorer (4.1.11) is compatible with 4.1. If yes, which service packs are supported.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Explorer versions are supported with Mobile app 4.1 there is no specific patch as such. All should be supported.

Regards,

Atul B