cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set target client using tp command (OS level)

0 Kudos

dear gurus,

does anyone know whether we can set target client for TR in SAP System using tp command ?

I could not find any documentation regarding this

tp addtobuffer client=xxx

is not working due to CTC parameter

what I want to achieve is to add TR to buffer with target client is set using tp command and let the background job tp import all import it automatically

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You assign client during import process. Check tp import options.

0 Kudos

Hello Roman,

i am aware of the tp import command with client parameter option, but this will not only set target client but also importing it directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works as designed. You provide client information during import process but not for addtobuffer step. Can you attach any screenshots from STMS where you assign target client not for import process?

0 Kudos

apologies maybe my previous reply was not clear

what I meant was, using STMS you can separate steps below to separate action

1. set target client

2. import

which I am having issue to do the same using tp command in OS level

and yes I agree with you by setting set target client eventually you want to import the TR, it just in this case I want to add TR to buffer and set target client then leave it there in import queue for my scheduled background job to import it later (tp import all)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the value of ctc parameter you have? Have you enabled set target client option in STMS? You must comply with certain requirements in order to use this functionality. In that case you can add request to buffer with client specification.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Didik,

Please share the error which you get while using tp addtobuffer command

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

no error, it just client parameter was ignored, and when i go to STMS, client target for that particular TR is blank

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Didik,

In STMS to can perform set client and define the client which you need.

Check the results and share feedback.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

I am aware of how to do it in STMS

but I am wondering whether is there any way to set target client using tp command in OS level (without importing it)

*I want to use it in my Korn Shell script

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Didik,

As per SAP help , I do not see any specification for client parameter using addtobuffer option.

tp Commands - Software Logistics - SAP Library

You may add the client option either during export or during import process using tp command.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

thank you for the link, I read that before and didn't find helpful for my requirement, hence I am asking here

I did debug the set target client functionality in STMS and seems that it uses tp command in OS level but I could not get the full picture of command and parameter used