cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove GRC data from existing ERP client and connect to new client.

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I came across the project which has 2 client in ERP system and initially they connected one client to GRC and all the configuration was
done on it for all 4 modules of GRC and it worked well , later business has come up saying they want another client to be connected  instead of 1st one. Now the question is what is the best way to remove all the data existing in GRC from 1st client before we connect to 2nd client?

like i want to know what all tables or process to remove data from GRC for each modules which stores data from backend into GRC.

Thank you

Maltesh J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Maltesh

Is this a Production System or Non-Production?

Deleting a connector will remove the data. However, if Production you would want to retain information for historical purposes.

You can always connector both at the same time if that option is valid?

Regards

Colleen

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your valid inputs we shall work on accordingly, but do we have a option to remove data based on modulewise rather all? may be using tables or so?

This is Production system which is not live yet, we would need only one client hence no need of historical data.

Thank you

Maltesh J

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Maltesh

If system is not live and therefore you do not need the data then you should be able to remove it all. I'm not sure if possible to delete specific data. I assume the connector is for all (needs a reference)

if you are too concerned you could always leave the connector defined but remove it from integration framework so that it cannot be used by any of the modules. Users then would not see it or use it. But this would probably just be noise in the system if you do not required it.

Regards

Colleen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maltesh,

As suggested by Colleen you need to remove the first connector from the connector groups and from all the integration scenarios. Then add the new one, execute all the integration framework scenarios along with connector mapping and then run all the sync jobs. Running in full sync mode will update the table contents with the details as maintained in the new connector.

Hope this helps. Let us know how does it go.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet, we shall do it accordingly, is it possible to remove data specific to Module in GRC like ARM or BRM using tables?

Thanks

Maltesh J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maltesh,

No, there is no way to remove the data specific to GRC, directly via tables, not the one which I know.

Tables will always store data specifc to the maintained connectors, so once you replace the old with the new one and run the jobs, all the data must be replaced with the data specific to your new connector.

Why do you want to remove the data by going directly to the tables.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet, i just wanted to check if SAP allows as to do it via tables, but anyways we will be doing it as suggested  by removing the connectors.

Thank you for your inputs.

regards

Maltesh

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Maltesh

Archiving would allow you to do specific area. However, if you are removing the entire connector you cannot keep some parts due to referential integrity.

Regards

Colleen

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for inputs, i would better go for removing connector as i dont need that anymore, but before that i have a question here we have lots of masterdata while migrating it from 5.3 to GRC10.0 for ARM & BRM which exists in this connector so i want it to move to the new connector which we will be using, hence can you suggest me what is a better approach to move the data from this old to new connector.

I know two ways of doing it: 1. Using ABAPer to change the connector in backend tables to point to new connector from old, but i dont know is it better option to do so as i assume sometimes it might be risky if it impacts any other tables.

next option is: 2. Normal way of uploading mass Roles in NWBC, but it takes time as we need to upload to specifc Business process, owners for roles.

Kindly suggest me do we have any better way of doing it? or alternative pls?

Thanks

regards

Maltesh

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have a question here we have lots of masterdata while migrating it from 5.3 to GRC10.0 for ARM & BRM which exists in this connector so i want it to move to the new connector which we will be using, hence can you suggest me what is a better approach to move the data from this old to new connector.

I know two ways of doing it: 1. Using ABAPer to change the connector in backend tables to point to new connector from old, but i dont know is it better option to do so as i assume sometimes it might be risky if it impacts any other tables.

next option is: 2. Normal way of uploading mass Roles in NWBC, but it takes time as we need to upload to specifc Business process, owners for roles.

Kindly suggest me do we have any better way of doing it? or alternative pls?

Thanks

regards

Maltesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maltesh,

I am afraid to say if ABAP-help can be a better option.

If i were you, I would've deleted the old connector and retained the another one, but only in case if there are no important data.

At the beginnig of your discussion, you raised your concern with the deletion of connector and retining another one. but now you are saying that you want data of ARM and BRM to get moved from 1st connector to 2nd connector; So do have the connectors from the same environment or different..?

In case of same system, then you might have same data then there is no harm in just deleting that particular connector. In case those 2 are different connectors (systems) then I would ask the business why they are asking now to remove..? Do you wish to do it in PRD or Non-PRD environment. Don't they want to control that connector with GRC

Role import is diiferent, you can import the roles in mass from any integrated connector with the GRC enviornment.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maltesh,

Hope you have got all your concerns clarified from this thread, so be kind to close this or let us know in case of any follow up questions.

Regards,

Ameet