cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI SFTP adapter command line feature?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

In the FTP receiver adapter, I can use the command line feature to put in my own custom FTP commands. However, in the SFTP receiver adapter, I could not find this feature. Can you please advise if I am missing something? I have a special requirement to FTP files from PO(unix based) to mainframe. The MVS SFTP requires special sftp command to be run.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be assigned to a role SAP_XI_CONFIG_FILE_OS_CMD_J2EE

1645844 - PI SEC: Missing authorization check in Integration Builder"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Hareesh

Our PI system is single stack. So there is no abap role in the system.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to find that role in JAVA UME.

http://host:port/useradmin

Role : SAP_XI_CONFIG_FILE_OS_CMD_J2EE

Assign that role and see if that helps..

I do see run operating system command option under SFTP adapter in my landscape.

you can even check the metadata in ESR and see if the Operating system command option is available.

Help documentation : Defining OS Commands for Message Processing by SFTP Adapter - SAP Process Integration, secure connec...

Message was edited by: Hareesh Gampa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Hareesh

You are correct. There is something wrong with the adapter metadata. I think it is because when I apply the SP to the adapter, I forgot to the import the associated metadata tpz file. The SFTP adapter was very old. Now I can see the os command option.

Thanks a lot,

Jonathan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I found OSS note 1692819 that says the following:

The SFTP adapter does not provide  support for Access Control OS Command "Account (ACCNT)"

However, I don't know if access control OS command is the same as the command line interface.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

PFB the help link for configuring the SFTP receiver channel.

As per the link, command line option should be there in the channel.

Configuring the SFTP Receiver Channel - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, secure connectivity add-o...

Also check the following help link on using OS command.

Defining OS Commands for Message Processing by SFTP Adapter - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, sec...

Regards

Osman