cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Forecasts appearing in APO-DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Negative forecasts appearing in APO-DP against some brand/packs.Any reasons why????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe it has a trend that is negative.

Some forecast methods dont allow negative but some do

check what your forecast profile is and what forecast method is pikced up?

you need to set some rules (macros actually) for the KF to not let it go below zero if you dont want it to

I think you are on 4.x.

5.0 lets you set KF to non-zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah, it's a trend but we have macros in place to handle those negatives yet this is happenning in the Statistical forecast and the marketing forcast.I belive by re-running the Stat forecast for the negative time horizon will eliminate the issue but how about the Marketing forecast.Yes,we are on 4.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am not sure how your marketing forecasts are generated.

Would be worthwhile to check if your macros are doing what they should bve doing

Does not look like a system issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Macro seems to be OK.But do you want to have look at the code once?just in case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kailesh,

Sometimes the planning book doesn't show what is saved in livecache. This is especially true when you have some default macros which gets executed when you load data. The default macros will run and therefore the planning book will show the result of the macro computation and not exactly what is saved in livecache. For example, if you have a macro in one planning book which computes the Net Forecast = Stat + Adjustments. Every time this planning book is run Net Forecast gets computed and also gets saved when the user clicks the save button. Now, imagine what will happen if stat or adjustments gets changed somewhere else (e.g. thru another planning book or thru stat forecasting). When you go the first planning book in display mode, you will see that the data for Net Forecast looks "correct". However, this is not what is saved in livecache.

I suggest you try to check out your data using a planning book with no macros. You can also check out using RSA3 using the export datasource of your planning area. Both of these methods will show you what data was really saved in livecache.