SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Mass Operand Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Expert,

I am having a small issue but I am not successful to regenerate this case.

I am using an BAPI to update operand "BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT". With this BAPI I am updating 2 Quantity and 4 Demand operand at the same time.

Problem I am having is when I updated the operand for single installation it's work fine but when I am updating the operand in a loop for more than 10 K records I am getting 2 weird error.

AH   - 418  - Enter dates that do not overlap

AH  -  495  - Entry for date &1 already exists

While there is no issue in data. it's seems when we are updating for multiple records/installations some buffering issue or something like that.

Any Idea appreciated.....

Thanks

Atul Joshi

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just Want to update one more things here....

When I am passing data in Loop for 10 K installation one by one....then only it's have issue. I am I have single records in loop it's won't fail.....

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Can you upload screen shot of your code. We are also using the same bapi in loop and we are not facing any problem.

0 Kudos

Here is the code.

it's working fine like if I have 10 K installation then for first 5K it's work fine for remaining all 5K it's have one of two error message defined in my first post.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT'

EXPORTING

number      = lwa_installation-installation

updforce    = c_flag

IMPORTING

return      = lwa_return

TABLES

quanttable  = lt_quant

demandtable = lt_demand.

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Even w have used this BAPI at several locations and it has worked as desired.

However, at some places where it doesn't work (not sure why..!), we used the transaction commit BAPI - BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after calling the update BAPI.

You can try with this, it might work perhaps!

Let us know if it does / doesn't.

Regards,

Asif

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul ,

In the table Ettifn "Installation" + "Operand" + "Season" + "Valid from" is the key values , So what you do .

take Dump of ETTIFN table for the installation you are running also pass "Operand" value . Now you will see that for one installation and operand you will have same "Valid to" date but "valid from" is different .

Installation    Operand   Valid from   Valid to
100000000    FACTOR   01.01.2013   10.12.2013
100000000    FACTOR   15.06.2013   10.12.2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry for late response...this problem got resolved..I was passing some incorrect data to BAPI.  my mistake.