cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi need help in paragraph format

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in scripts while defining the paragraph format,we have to give tab space also,there why we need to define five tabs,how can we use those in editor.

Thanks,

mohan rao.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to give tab spaces in editor use <b>double comma</b> ( ,, ) between the fields or text where u want to include..

Regards ,

Viji

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..,

In the <b>Standard</b> attribute group, you find the general attributes that can be defined in paragraph formats:

<b>Description </b>

Precise explanation of your paragraph tag, so that the user can immediately identify it.

<b>Left or right margin </b>

Amount of space between the paragraph and the left or right border of the form window.

<b>Indent first line </b>

Indent of the first line of a paragraph. If the value is positive, it is indented to the right, if it is negative, it is indented to the left.

If you specify a negative value, then you must place the minus sign after the number: 1- .

<b>Space before and space after</b>

Space before and space after control the amount of space between paragraphs. The actual space between paragraphs results from the space after the preceding paragraph and the space before the following paragraph.

<b>

Alignment </b>

Alignment of a paragraph.

<i>Left-aligned -

Right-aligned

LEFT -

RIGHT

Centered

CENTER

Justified

BLOCK </i>

<b>

Line spacing </b>

Spacing between the lines. The default value is 1 line; the LPI value (lines per inch) in the header data is used to calculate the line spacing.

<b>No blank lines </b>

Suppression of blank lines. You can control whether the blank lines of a paragraph should be suppressed in the printout or not:

<i>No entry -- blank lines not suppressed

X-- blank lines suppressed</i>

<b>

Page protection </b>

Cohesion of a paragraph. It is possible to determine whether or not a paragraph can be divided by a page break.

<i>No entry--no page protection (default)

X--all lines of the paragraph are on one page</i>

<b>

Next paragraph same page </b>

Cohesion of two adjacent paragraphs. Here you can define whether the subsequent paragraph should begin on the same page (that is, at least the first line of the subsequent paragraph must be on the same page).

<i>No entry

subsequent paragraph is output on the same page or the next page, depending on the amount of space (default)

X--subsequent paragraph begins on the same page</i>

<b>TABS</b>

You can define as many tab positions as you require for each paragraph format. The text can be aligned in different ways:

Left-aligned with LEFT

Right-aligned with RIGHT

Centered with CENTER

At the sign with SIGN

At the comma or decimal point with DECIMAL

You can control the tab feed in a paragraph with tab positions. The tab stops you define in the paragraph format replace the tab spacing you defined in the header data of the form. However, this depends on the extent to which you have defined tab stops in the paragraph format. If there are fewer tabs in the paragraph formats than in the header data, the tab stops of the header data are used for the rest of the line. The tab stops are represented as , , in the text editor.

<b>reward all helpful answers,

sai ramesh</b>

former_member533584
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

not 5 tabs we can how many tab spaces as we need.

,,&fs_emp-pname&,,&fs_emp-dob&,,&fs_emp-doj&,,...

when we write like this the first variable print after first tab space ,

the fsecond variable print aftersecond tab space ,

the third variable print after third tab space....

regards,

ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<b>Paragraphs:</b> A Paragraph contains all the information needed to format a paragraph of text and font. Tabs are important for paragraphs. Specifying the list of tabs is the way to create columns for outputting line items of a document.

Regards,

Santosh