cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas Script Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a script button on the Main Menu that inserts a value on the first screen of IW51 and bypasses it. For some reason, when it enters to my IW51 flavor, there is an error on the status bar of the flavor that would appear if I pressed enter without filling the required fields. Is this a script issue or something else?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be easier to help if you could show us your script.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos
nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If I am not wrong this normally happens if you have mandatory fields in the screen.

Which version of Personas you are on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when you push the button for this script you're getting an message in the status bar, causing the IF in step 5 to succeed and copy the message back to the main screen. Is that right?

What is the message? Is it "Fill in all required fields"?

I assume this doesn't happen if you run IW51 in SAPgui or webgui?

I've duplicated your script in my system, using a notification type that exists for me (x4 doesn't) and it works as you'd expect, leaving me in the main screen of IW51 having skipped the first one.

As a first step to debugging this I'd create a new script that just does steps 1-3 so you can see what's happening on the screen at the point it appears to be misbehaving.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The script is used to bypass the first screen of IW51 + get an error message back if one exists. If not, it should stop at IW51 where I have a new flavor with some fields hidden. And yes, it does not happen if I run IW51 in sapGUI.

There are some required fields though. Could this be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure. Where can I see this? I THINK it's the previous version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Required fields on the first screen of IW51? I thought there was just the one - notification type - that you are providing a value for. Do you have others?

Required fields on the second screen shouldn't matter here - your script isn't doing anything to prompt SAP to tell you about them. If your script finished with a "Press Enter", that would do it, but it doesn't. As I said, I have reproduced your script exactly in my system (apart from the notification type) and it works as you'd expect.

What happened when you use a script with just the first three steps, as I suggested?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Required fields are on second screen, not on the one that it bypasses. I tried with the first three steps and it still shows the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you have a script with three steps:

1. Run iw51
  2. Enter notification type x4
  3. Press Enter

And that produces an error, yes? Can you take a screenshot of the transaction immediately after running the script? Is IW51 running with a flavor of your own, or with the Basic View? If your own flavour, what if you use Basic View? What if you do those steps manually in IW51?

Do you have the technology to do a screen recording?

Debugging this sort of problem is a very iterative process. Go through some of the above steps and see if they shed any light on what's going on. Also try building up the script again literally one step at a time, and see if that makes a difference, and see if that shows where the problem is.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having some problems login in to Personas right now, possibly a Basis issue or something, but to answer some of your questions:

The error that the transaction produces is like if we went to the basic view of IW51 on SAPGui and hit enter without entering a required field.

IW51 is running with a flavor of my own. Some hidden fields.

If I change from my flavor to the basic view, the error still shows there too.

If I do those steps manually in IW51, it does not show the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I am mystified. As I said, I have recreated your script in my system and it works fine. At this point all I can suggest is to create an OSS message and get help that way. I don't know there's much more I can suggest without getting my hands on your system!

If you do find the cause, please let us know. I'm very curious now

Steve.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you add "RefreshScreen" at step 2 and remove it from step 6 and try?

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would it be possible that if I did the flavor while there was an enhancement running for validations of that transaction, it would damage the Personas and that is why it is behaving like that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did not work

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to open a ticket with HTTP and R3 connections to connect to Personas and details about your flavor and issue.

Thanks

Chinthan