cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Restrictions/Limitations for SAP GUI 740 available?

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a list of restrictions/limitations for SAP GUI 740 available?

We have started validating the SAP GUI 740 in our environment to evaluate it, so far we have observed the following:

1. Using the SAP Signature Theme, no issues have been found as yet for our ERP and BW environments so far in our tests

2. Using the Blue Crystal Theme, there seems to be deficiencies as not all transactions seem to be supported or have issues with the theme, for example below,

2a. ERP: Transaction code: PECM_PROCESS_SUPPORT, when accessing the transaction the first time, the status icons show as blue, to see the colors, one has to click on the icons themselves? and then the icons change colors.

2b.BW: (Either a BW 7.3 SP7 or BW 7.4 SP8 system - tested against both systems), when running the transaction code RSA1 or RSPC, the SAP GUI 740 opens the transaction and immediately the SAP GUI 740 crashes when using the Blue Crystal theme.

So far it is still early days in our testing and ideally we would like to understand what works or where there are potential issues before we start considering a rollout to our users.

Regards

Derek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Derek,

there are no such restrictions known regarding Blue Crystal Design (except that it's not available on Vista/2008 Server).

Could you please open a message for that on BC-FES-GUI?

It seems, that you found a situation, that we weren't aware of - sorry for that...

Thanks,

Martin

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thank you for the feedback.

I have logged a call for the issue.

Also I have retested the transactions RSA1, RSPC and PFCG with the Blue Crystal Theme on our BW 7.4 SP8 system again and surprisingly it is working now. As far as I can work out, the only change I was doing was switching between the 2 themes (Blue Crystal and SAP Signature) in the SAP GUI 740 as part of our testing.

Regards

Derek

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Derek,

Did you restart SAPLogon after changing the theme? That is needed – please make sure, that no process saplogon.exe /saplgpad.exe is running anymore after switching the theme.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any news about this?  I'm having the same issue.

Blue Crystal makes RSA1 crash on a BW 731 SP6.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you please raise a ticket for this?

I was able to recreate this on Windows 8.X OS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

done.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it with "restore Default" and it works.

former_member191085
Discoverer
0 Kudos

we have the same issues. additional to this sid in SAP GUI Logg on is going lost after gui were closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

With a Routerstring it is not possible to connect to the Systems.  "Permission denied"

Deinstalled Gui 7.40 and installed 7.30.