cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGF - Classification "" is not supported for cost elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am doing Cost Element (Secondary) initial load and getting below error at DRF stage.

Classification "" is not supported for cost elements

Diagnosis

You have entered "" to classify cost elements. This entry is not recognized by the system. The only valid entries are:

• "1" for primary cost elements, and
  • "2" for secondary cost elements.

But, No error is coming when we create Cost Element via SAP GUI.  Error is coming only through MDG-File Upload.

Did any face this error before? I have done search on this in SDN but couldnt find any related info.

Error screen attached.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

It seems sequancing in your upload file may not correct .Can you paste some example records in you upload file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I am uploading only Secondary cost elements using entity type: CELEM and below is the sample data.

*CELEM     COAREA     TXTSH            TXTMI            CELEMCAT     FUNCCELEM

X11111     1000             Short Name    Long Name     41

Currently, i am uploading only one file with this entity.

Do we need to follow any sequence in the file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Below format works for me

Guess sequencing issue is there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Let me try and get back to you with results by monday. Thanks for your response on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I tried with the sequence you suggested but still it is showing same error at DRF stage. Data is being uploaded with out any problem and CR is being approved. After final approval, at the stage of DRF, it is giving this error.

Any other thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir

Can you paste screen shot?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srivinas

Check in MDG tables how the data is stored for Cost element. You mention that you have created a CE with different CE category and it got approved without any issue.

1. Check the table level data in mdg

2. check in ECC too whether the CE was replicated properly.

Kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Please find the below screen shots....

1. Cost Element data uploaded using file upload after creating CR. (sequence maintained)

2. After approval data was uploaded into MDG tables.

3. After activation step, DRF error while replicating data from MDG layer to ECC tables.

Do we need to specify at the ECC configuration level that the CE is being created belongs to Classification '1' OR '2' ?

One more observation, i am able to create CE with single object processing and every is fine. Data transfer was smooth from MDG to ECC tables. Only problem i am getting while uploading data via file upload functionality. I need to upload initial data in MDG.

Hi Kiran: As explained above, CE is not created at ECC level but could not find any error at MDG tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Guess confusion at my end.

1. You uploaded CE data from legacey system not from operation ECC system into MDG hub.
  2. It is uploded in MDG table
  3. Now you want to replicate it into operational ECC system. Is this your requirement?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Yes that's correct. We got the txt file from legacy system. I re-arranged the format that we required for file upload.  Data uploaded into MDG tables via File upload method by creating empty CR type (With entity CELEM ).

now, we have setup a DRF to replicate data via IDOC from MDG layer to ECC tables as we are using HUB model.  (Replication is failing with in MDG HUB system. We havent configured replication to operational/external ECC system)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check whether the CE category is configured in your MDG hub too?

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Workaround for this is to load same CE data from legacy into ECC tables seperatly(May be by LSMW) and MDG table separtly(File upload method)  to follow goverance process of MDG otherwise search for IDOC message type and prepare file from MDG table and through Idoc push it into ECC environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay and Kiran. Issue is resolved now. DRF wasnt setup properly.  Now, its working fine.

Thanks once again to you both for your time and your suggestions. Much helpful.