cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - Instantly changing the image on a push button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on SAP Work Manager 6.0 customising using Agentry 6.1.3. I have a couple of "PUSH" buttons NOT action buttons, on an edit transaction screen. I have implemented an image rule on these push buttons such that when each button is pressed and the field behind it is not empty, the push button image must change and vice versa when the field is empty. But now, I notice that the image only changes after saving that particular transaction and only when  you return to that screen after saving is when you see the image change. Is there a way of having this push button image change instantly as soon as it is pressed, rather than having it only change after saving?

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason;

Please see below some images to give you some context. Stephen, this is not an action button, its a push button for setting field values on an edit transaction screen.

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

What platform are you trying this on?

From what you have shown, I don't see any problem.  It is possible that Agentry wont let you dynamically change the image and that it only runs your rule once when the screen is first drawn for push buttons.  You could try using embedded images next to button check boxes instead.  The embedded images might dynamically update.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sizo,

We had also same kind of requirement but we found that Image can not be changed dynamically unless you refresh the screen.

So we did a work around for this as follows.

1.  We created two embedded image UI elements with two different images at the same location on the screen.

2. Wrote two rules to hide and visible the images depending up on some conditions. 

It might help you...

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do but the "push" buttons call Action?

As you are on a Edit Transaction, you can not call a new action from within an Action.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

Need more info to help.  Please show us an example of the rule you are using, and any other relevant info about the properties in the rule.  Also explain your thinking step by step in the rule.  Thanks,

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP