cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question: XI -> older SAP systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to develop a demonstration system using XI 3.0 to link a third party App (file adapter) with an existing R/3 4.6 system (IDOC adapter). But I have run into repeated issues (still stuck at the first hurdle of getting IDOC's imported into Integration Repository) and it seems that maybe I need to do some special configuration and/or add service packs on the R/3 side. Which leads to my question - is this usually the case? Do existing R/3 systems inevitable have to be specially configured to talk to XI?

And if so is there anywhere that lays out in one place what the requirements are for an existing SAP system (in my case R/3 4.6C but my question is also of a general nature) to be able to talk to XI? - I have seen some notes on the subject but seemingly only piecemeal information.

Many thanks for any comments!

best regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

SAP XI will work with R/3 3.1 and above. The IDoc interface has not changed over the years, and is still the same at 4.7.

What problems are you getting?

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for the reply. The specific problem I am running into is when importing IDOC into Integration Repository. First off I had to get around login issues, (related to uppercase/lowercase) solved with thanks to a genius on this forum, then I ran into this:

com.sap.aii.ibrep.sbeans.upload.RemoteUploadException: The function module "DD_DOMA_GET" not released for 'remote' function calls.

I did find a note which mentioned a fix for this and also recommended that I install service packs but I was just wondering before doing so whether this was a small configuration problem specific to my setup or symptomatic of a wider issue of XI backward compatibility. Hence my original question, I just wanted to get an idea about how often when involved in an XI installation/configuration, there would be a requirement for fiddling with older SAP systems to get them talking to XI.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Chris,

Please change the DD_DOMA_GET to remote-enable. Try to import the IDOCs in your Integration

Repository afterwards. Please also have a look in note 718320.

regards,

Hai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I have the latest SP's installed and I got the same problem. Do you have the number of the note you found?

Cheers,

Ranny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find the solution?

Message was edited by: Mohammad Gufran