cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC - Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a scenario, where the data from files have to been proceeded to ECC. I have implemented in ECC Z-bapi with import- and export- parameters and configure the RFC channel in pi. I chose synch processing because of monitoring (in SXI_MONITOR i can see messages, coming back form ECC after BAPI processing with info if everything went well). I suppose, i have overused the synchronous processing. But what can i do to have same monitoring possibilities?

Besides, this monitoring solution is not business user friendly.

Thanks,

Al

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

You can monitor async messages as well i dont know why you are forced to do your scenario async,

You can develop in ABAP/Java a tool more user friendly because you have an API to extract the information as you want. Check Michal Krawczyk' blogs:

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree that sxi_monitor/ run time work bench or not exactly business user friendly.

There is another solution "Application interface framework" available for business user monitoring(Of course a separate licence is required )

Also If you really need the response from the BAPI then i don't see any issue in having synchronous interface. It's not overused at all.

If your requirement is ensure message flow without any failures in PI, then you can configure alerts but this does not guarantee if everything went well during the RFC execution.