cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best practice for editing / extending Fiori Apps ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All....

As the Plug-Ins for Eclipse are now depreciated and un-supported, i'm slightly confuse as to what exactly is the best practice for modifying a SAP Fiori Application

The requirement is to hide a couple of fields on the MyPaystubbs application. Namely the deductions and the Gross Pay fields on the Main View.

The reason being our gross pay is calculated slightly differently due to salary sacrifice schemes for pensions etc and we just want "Take Home" pay displayed.

Apparently River RDE doesn't support this yet.......

So were a bit "stuck"

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been wondering this also. There is a guide explaining how to do this with Eclipse and Fiori Toolkit here (the process seems very long though!): http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20dbf542-f3e7-3110-a6b8-ebb96b57c...

As you say, this seems to be deprecated now. SAP have removed the index.html file for Fiori wave two apps, removing the ability to run them easily locally.

Interested in any other approaches to this that don't require RDE!

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not just me that's puzzled then ? As I thought SAP was going down the supporting of eclipse as a standard methodology.....

The premise is that we have built our Fiori infrastructure deployed the apps (split) between front end gateway servers and back end ERP systems and want to start hiding a couple of fields etc.

a few months ago I thought I had this figured out using eclipse and the standard SAP plug in tools.

Now there are big red warning signs everywhere saying use river RDE...... instead. But this is modifying On-Premise Fiori apps.....

*sigh*

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess if you want to test against your back end system you would also need to install and configure Cloud Connector!?