cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Control on Transaction Code & Transaction Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

If I have created a Transaction Variant using ZVA02 of T.Code VA02, Now I want to restrict/lock VA02 and allow users to use ZVA02 only. Users should not able to execute original t.code VA02. VA02 authorization should be denied but ZVA02 variant should be executed.

Is it possible and how ?

Regards

Dharmendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please ref below scn link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3227326

After, may i know what ur requirement and explain ???

Regards,

Dhuvaraganathan M.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to restrict VA02 for a specific user, then you should use the authorization control. Remove the authorization for VA02 t-code from this user.

If you want to restrict VA02 for all users, then you can remove the program SAPMV45A from the VA02 t-code from SE93.

ZVA02 will remain same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dibyendu,

If I will lock or remove authorisation of VA02, Will Transaction Variant (ZVA02) run for user ??

As I understand, Transaction variant will call T.Code indirectly. Or

Are Transaction Variant and Transaction Code completely different/separate for authorisation ??

Regards

Dharmendra

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I misunderstood your term.

Can you please elaborate how you have created a transaction variant ?

Have you done it from SHD0 ?

What is ZVA02 ? Is it a transaction code or it is just a transaction variant which is assigned to VA02 ?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmendra,

Option 1: Try with lock the tcode VA02 in SM01

Option 2: Check and find out which all roles have VA02. Remove the entry from those roles and add the new tcode in that roles.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

If I will lock or remove authorisation of VA02, Will Transaction Variant (ZVA02) run for user ??

As I understand, Transaction variant will call T.Code indirectly. Or

Are Transaction Variant and Transaction Code completely different/separate for authorisation ??

Regards

Dharmendra