SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define GL Account For Reason for Movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Migo, our users scrap articles using movements 551/552 together with a specific reason code.  The GL account differs depending on what reason code is selected.  I need to change the GL account for one of these reason for movements, but cannot see exactly how to do this.  I can see the account modifiers in OMJJ and GL assignment in OBYC and have run a simulation in OMWB, but it looks to me to relate to the movement type and not the specific reason code.

I am quite new to this area and would really appreciate some guidance on how to change a GL account for a specific reason for movement.

Many Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now solved this. A Badi was used with maintainable table.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the standard configuration based on reason code it is not possible to trigger different G/L account as the postings happen respect to the MVT type.

The reason codes more helpful for reporting purpose.If you still want to post to different GL account based on reason code then it needs custom development.

Create custom table with reason codes and accounts.Using user exit call G/L account based on requirement.

Also you need to thing when the material document is posted with 10 Articles and you used reason code for one Article .In this case you post one article  G/L posting requirements before you implement.

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar.

The problem is that this functionality already exists within our system and I'm not sure how the FI implementation consultant did it. There are no Z account modifiers and the details within OBJJ,  OBYC etc look standard.  I have seen some comments about substitution rules - could that be an approach?

Regards

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now solved this. A Badi was used with maintainable table.

Hi, Can anyone please provide the BADI which has been used here to resolve the issue.