cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Flexibility for "existing change request management process"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we are in middle of the system preparation phase for ChaRM implementation. We wants to map existing change management  process in to solution manager ChaRM.

Our requirement is,

1. We dont want to use standards like change manager, system manager, developer, tester, impact assessor, IT Operator etc, we have our own verticals.

2.  We have uneven landscape , for ECC, BW 4 systems are there, for rest of the system they have 3 system lanscape. For 4 system landscape I am not sure how only one project cycle test phase will be use to move transport to quality 1 and then quality 2?

3. On ChaRM UI screen, we need to map 30 field more apart from standard chaRM UI feild.

4. We need to customize the Standard charm workflow too as per our existing change management process.

I just want to know,

1. What are the skill sets required here to do this customized ChaRM implementation??

2. Is this customization is really feasible nd possible to implement in solution manager ChaRM?

Thanks in advance....

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

1. We dont want to use standards like change manager, system manager, developer, tester, impact assessor, IT Operator etc, we have our own verticals.

4. We need to customize the Standard charm workflow too as per our existing change management process.

you can customize the entire Charm workflow with your own creation of status profile, action profile also own organisation unit.

refer Change Request Management (ChaRM) - How to enhance the standard workflow - SAP IT Service Management...

2.  We have uneven landscape , for ECC, BW 4 systems are there, for rest of the system they have 3 system lanscape. For 4 system landscape I am not sure how only one project cycle test phase will be use to move transport to quality 1 and then quality 2?

you can create N number of maintenance project and corresponding cycles with regards to supporting your uneven landscapes.

refer the discussions here

3. On ChaRM UI screen, we need to map 30 field more apart from standard chaRM UI feild.

with CRM tools like AET, this is much simpler and fast.

to acheive all,

1. What are the skill sets required here to do this customized ChaRM implementation??

you need the expert who has the handson expereience for all the custom implementation, bit of CRM knowledge for AET, ofcourse some abap knowledge for custom developements also in TMS setups.

2. Is this customization is really feasible nd possible to implement in solution manager ChaRM?

Charm is the tool where complete flexiblity posible ,  you can adopt the tool all with your need and requirements, even after also it supports well. this is one of the beauty of the tool.

read blogs for charm, he had more custom scenarios captured.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnak you so much jansi for your reply...!!

So overall we would required,

1. Solution manager Functional Consultant

2. Solution manager Technical Consultant

3. CRM Functional & Tehnical Consultant

4. Security Consultant

Is that my correct understanding?

Because Requirement is Customized workflow process too. We would required workflow consultant too i guess who can design the workflow as per client requirement.. is that correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

yes, but most of the cases single person who has all the above mentioned expertise can play the role too,

Good luck

Thanks

Jansi