Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated table information through webservice

former_member207873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is like when ever a creation, deletion or change of data happens in a particular table, the same information has to be sent to MDS (Master Data Services) through Web API. The same apply for some other table that when ever a creation, deletion or change of data happens for particular table in MDS, the same data has to be updated in the SAP table. (Vice Versa) What approach I have to select to achieve this ? I am thinking of creating one FM enabling the webservices, but how to trigger it based on the change in data in data base table ?

BR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Check this :

However database triggers are not available in the ABAP dictionary, only on the underlying database (like Oracle). The only possibility would be to enable logging for a table and to check change documents regularly for that table via a scheduled job (see link above).

Best Regards

H.

former_member207873
Participant
0 Kudos

So what about using a table maintenance generator, calling the events, then calling a function module which is web service enabled ?

BR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

works if you are only manually changing the table through the maintenance view. However if the table is filled also via programs directly this won't work.

Best Regards

Harald