cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Relationship between Initiatives Items and PPM-PRM Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been working with Portfolio and Project Management for a short time. I am trying to get the relationship between different objects in PPM.

I used RPM_OBJ_LINK table to find the relationship between a portfolio item (one assigned directly to a bucket), and with this table I get the following information:

GUID: Bucket item (PPO)

GUID: Breadcrumb

PROJECT_GUIDE: Bucket item (PPO)

OBJECT_KEY: Project ID GUID (DPO)

In this case, if we know the item GUID I can find out the project linked to it and viceversa.

But, when using the same table for an initiative item data is as follows:

GUID: Initiative item (PPO)

GUID: Breadcrumb

PROJECT_GUIDE: Initiative to which the item belongs (IPO)

OBJECT_KEY: ITEM_GUID Initiative item (PPO)

I am unable to find a relation between initiative item and the project ID (object type DPO).  Any suggestions would be helpful.

By the way, does anybody know how to use breadcrumb guids, are they helpful when trying to link tables?

Thanks in advance,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna

Another point - further to what Sammar has mentioned above:

Item GUID (table /rpm/item_d) value can be pasted into field Project_GUID of table RPM_OBJ_LINK

When you then execute you will find one or more related links (Object_Type). The link OINMCPROJECT relates to the c-Project and the corresponding Object_Key value is the GUID

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth and Sammar,

Thanks to both of you. I do get the relationship as you said. Must have been mixing fields, because I got it all wrong before. RPM_OBJ_LINK table works the same way for portfolio item and initiative item.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anna

Please take a look at standard report DPR_GUID_ANALYZE which you can run from se38

Your input is any GUID that you would like to find relationships for - e.g. You have an Item GUID and you wish to find all related GUIDs including Bucket, Financial GUID, etc

When you run this report and paste in your GUID (which you have copied from the Item table for example), you will see a hit list of related GUIDS and their tables. Some will have green traffic lights - and when you double click on these you will see exactly how they are related

This is a good way of learning the table relationship/s

Regards

Chatsworth

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Have you tried checking /RPM/ITEM_D and DPR_PROJECT with RPM_OBJ_LINK.

Regards

Sammar