Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Char Based ATP check in MTS scenario

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am aware that in case of MTO (Make to Order) scenario, variant class (300) is required along with batch class (023).

I have following query for char based ATP check in MTS scenario --

If variant class is not part of the scenario, how the characteristic values are entered in sales order?

How does the ATP check takes place in this case i.e. char. matching ?

Which class will be present in APO product master?

Is IS-MILL activation necessary if I want to consider chars only in ATP check and not in forecasting and production planning.

What are the other relevant settings for MTS scenario?

Thanks in advance,

YR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

YR,

It'll all depend on what type of products you make & sell. If you are in a environment that warrants configurable products, then you'll need the variant class on the materials, there by making it a must on the Sales Orders too.

The MTS materials in a configurable environment are no different, just that they come "pre-configured". So, essentially, it'll depend on your scenario/need. Characteristic based ATP will need the 300+023 (=400) class in APO.

I wouldn't say IS-MILL activation is necessary, coz all that brings in is a couple of things -

1. Ability to combine multiple Sales Orders on a single Prodn Order in ECC

2. Ability yo configure stand-alone Purch Order's & Prodn Orders.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Andy,

So in line with your explanation I have following query -

What planning strategy would be used if the material is configurable in MTS scenario?

As per my understanding, in order for a material to be configurable the planning strategy has to be 25 (MTO with configuration).

Also, I would like to know what you mean by 'pre-configured' product ? Is it the Variant Matching case where in the master configurable product will be assigned to each variant product with char valuation.

Your insights in this will be helpful.

YR

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure.

On the planing strategy, it'll again depend on how you run your business for those products. Do you Forecast them? Do you always make 'em to Order? etc..Once you've answered those questions, you'll have your strategy. Coventionally, MTS variants in a configurable environment are created because they lend themselves as "fast moving products". So, thinking on that further, you may need to forecast 'em, consume the forecasts & all that good thing.

Pre-configured products are those where the characteristics on the product are pre-defined, unlike the KMAT's (or the Configurable ones). Variant Matching is a functioality to let users choose the correct FERT/pre-configured product during the order entry process. It proposes to the user a matching material that is (supposed to be) in stock, while the user enters the order for the configurable product (KMAT).

I think the Variant matching functionality in ECC becomes redundant with the characteristic based ATP, I could be wrong, but I'm yet to see any use of it in APO.

Good Luck!

Answers (0)