Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price condition: statistical behavior, FI posting, no accruals

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there possible to define a price condition that has a statistical behavior (i.e. does not affect price calculations) but in the same time is posting the amount to FI without using the concept of accruals?

To be more specific: the 'accruals solution' always requires a double posting, on both a G/L account + an accruals account... the accounting logic is correct, but I still need a way to make just one posting (debit or credit) from one condition value.

Thank you,

Horatiu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Single accounting entry may not be possible in normal configurations, as the accounting will not be balanced.

I am not able to understand, why such a  requirement scenario.

May be a dummy GL account will be a an option to satisfy this. FI consultant may be of help here.

Thanks

Jobi

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jodi,

you perfectly understand what I need. Actually, I am not bond to the idea of accruals... I just need a condition that does not affect price and has a single accounting entry.

I have also thought of a dummy G/L account, but my old-fashioned FI colleague does not accept it 🙂

If you have any other idea, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Horatiu

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Horatiu ,

I can understand your situation, there is no wrong in expressing your ideas openly .

For every accrual accounting you have to maintain two account numbers in vkoa , one is to minus the value in customer account (GL account)and other provision account is to add that amount to your internal account, which you can show to government to get tax benefits.this is standard behavior and ask your fi consultant that how u can do this knock off the account entries.

According to your requirement it is not possible from sd side these settings is there from FI SIDE q,kindly discuss

Regards,

C.B RReddy.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Horatiu,

Can you elaborate your requirement with some more details .

1.you mean to say that you want only one GL account ie if condition behavior is statistical and it has to post through accrual using one GL account ?

2.statistical condition type value want to post to your account key ?

kindly add more details with screen shot for quick solution .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you fro your prompt answer. I will try to elaborate my requirement:

1. By statistical behavior of a condition I mean that it does not affect the price calculation in any way...

2. The above requirement can be achieved by using  (I) a true statistical condition or by (II)) a accrual condition.

In case (I) we cannot post the amount to FI

In case (II) we can post the amount to FI, maintaining account keys for both income account and accruals account.

Case (II) has a statistical behavior and we have FI posting; the only problem is that the posting is double, we cannot have just one of the accounts affected.

What I need is a behavior just as in case II but with just one account key maintained in the price procedure for this condition.

Kind regards,

Horatiu

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement looks similar to the way PI01 and PI02 are configured in the standard pricing procedure RVAA01. Have you setup the condition type accordingly and tested. What is the result?

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

As you can also see from your screen-shot, both those conditions are marked as statistical = no values are posted to FI. Again, I want statistical behavior and posting to FI, but in just one account.

Thank you,

Horatiu

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see in the screenshot that they also have an Account Key ERL assigned to them which will trigger the posting.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set the condition type as

• Statistical in pricing procedure and assign an Accrual Key against this condition type
  • Accruals in condition type

and assign the same G/L Account in VKOA.  Test it and update here how system is behaving. 

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have:

1. marked the condition as statistical and assigned just accrual key in price proc.

2. accruals in condition type

3. assigned account to key in VKOA; if I do not maintain both account, there will be an error in generating the accounting doc.

4. rezult: same behavior = I have maintained just the accruals key but the system makes two postings with the same value etc.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Horatiu

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you maintain an Account Key instead of Accrual Key and check?

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Horatiu ,

Still there is some confusion in your requirement .

the following is the system behavior as per my knowledge .

1. If you check the statistics option in your pricing procedure it will not post to Account key .

2. if you check the statistics option  in your pricing procedure and if you maintain accrual key ,then system will post to accrual account 

3. In VKOA if you maintain account key in your pricing and no statistics then you have to maintain only one GL account . then system will post the value to respective GL accounts .

4. if you maintain Accrual key in pricing procedure then here you have to maintain GL account and provision account , to knock of the values from customer account .

5.if you not maintain statistics check in your pricing then you have to check the accrual in your condition type  so that value will post to your FI accounts.(for ACCURL key)

note -- if statistics check is there in your pricing procedure then you cant able to pass the values to normal account key . this is standard behavior .

now tell in which way you want to use your statistics and accrual and account key .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I have tried this solution also, same result.

Horatiu

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you very much; please, see the below answer from jodi, he understood what I want and I am afraid that he is right.

Have a nice day,

Horatiu

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Horatiu,

Hope you  Text Removed

Please post if you get a solution for this.

Thanks

Jobi

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Don't add such text in your post and land up in problem by deviating SCN rules