Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAGL_FC_VAL, Reversal posting and (non) Open Item indicator

reburujado
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I have a doubt regarding FAGL_FC_VAL transaction and the "Open Item Management" indicator on Master Data

Here is the question:

On FAGL_FC_VAL selection parameters you can find the "Reverse Posting" indicator

This indicator only has impact for GL account with the open item management no active.(non-open item) on its master data:

- If you set the "Reverse posting" indicator the valuation document and reversal document is post.

- If you not set the "Reverse posting" indicator the valuation document is posted (the reversal document is not posted).

While the GL accounts with open item managenment active the valuation document and reversal document is posted even if the "reverse posting" indicator is not active.

Why is the reason behind this!?

No SAP Note, SAP help, manual or wiki explain the reason behind this behaviour

The only explanation is from SAP help is: "If you set this indicator, postings created are reversed on the reversal date."
That is not helpful at all

There is no place on Sap Help or IMG that explain the impact or relationship between the Open item indicator Master data (FS00) and the Reverse Posting on FAGL_FC_VAL transaction

Where you can find these hidden rules and the purpose or reason behind this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Additional Info

My company code is from MX, and we are valuating to Local Currency (MXN mexican pesos).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Since the revaluation postings are fictitious (not real) in nature, they need to be reversed by the system.  This is true in case of subledger / OIM accounts' open items revaluation also.  Hence system will automatically post the reversal entry as well automatically.  However for non OIM accounts, an option has been provided to decide if the reversal should happen or not.  Generally in most of the business processes, revaluation postings will need to be reversed at the beginning of next month.

Real revaluation gain / loss will be posted to relvant accounts configured in the system as realized gain / loss accounts at the time of actual payment / receipt to vendor / customer.

Regards,

Sridhar

reburujado
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Sridhar.

Now we have identify the "Reverse Posting" is important for non-open item management GL accounts.

How can I post the missing reversal posting?

I think I should open the past FI and CO periods to allow to post the "missing reversal postings".

It there any functionality on FAGL_FC_VAL to post only the missing reversal posting?

Thanks everyone

Best Regards

Fernando Luna

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando Luna,

You can display the log of posted valuation documents using program FAGL_PROT.  If I am not wrong, there is no direct transaction for this program in Easy Access.  Otherwise you can see the valuation documents posted with specific document type that you might have used for your valuation area.

Once you identify the valuation documents that were posted in previous valuation run, then you need to manually post reversal documents for them.  You can use normal FI journal posting transactions like FB50, F-02, etc and the posting keys to be used will be the reverse of the original valuation postings thereby nullifying the effect in books.  Yes you may need to re-open previous periods in FI and CO when there is long overdue of these postings.

No, there is no other functionality in FAGL_FC_VAL or FAGL_FCV to post missing reversal postings later on after the successful execution of initial valuation postings.

Regards,

Sridhar

reburujado
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Sridhar!

Answers (0)