cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consignment vs owned inventory for the same material/inventory (cycle count)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking at ways within SAP that I could differentiate materials/inventory that are consignment and owned inventory...

We have a department that are experiencing difficulties performing cylce counts as they both owned and consignments parts and materials and it is currently done manually.

Is there a way for us to generate a single inventory that includes both owned and consignment in the same report?

Any help would be great!

Cheers!

Wendell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kashi_yadaram2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wendell,

Assumption is you are attempting Cycle Counting in IM environment, the cycle counting is active only for stocks materials listed on table MBEW,  and MICN generates Cycle Count documents for own stock to that respect.

Cycle counting in IM does not include "Special Stocks" such as Consignment, Project etc. To mitigate the risk of physical mix-up of materials, separate storage location for consignment stocks is the best way to deal.

Thanks,

Kashi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How could it help to have both categories in one document if you have difficulties to know which physical part belongs to which category in SAP?

In SAP you have anyway a special stock indicator for consignment stock  and technically the consignment stock is stored in a different table.

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wendell,

If you have batch management and WM, this should not be a problem.. In this case, you should be able to identify where each batch is located and if the batch is consignment or own.

If not, then execpt you separate the inventory in different storage locations, the inventory could be mixed.

Anyway, I recommend you to move this thread to SAP MM:

Kind Regards,

Mariano