SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check Application log contents

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How to check application log contents for idocs failure for more than one idoc. I understand that we can check the log content in MM90,but i have to check for more than 1000 idocs, kindly suggest a solution.

Regards

Palani Paramasivan

3 REPLIES 3

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to see all Idoc Errors in one Place ?.If yes use transaction BD87  and the Idoc status 51 then execute the transaction.It will show the Idoc error message and how many Idocs failed for each failure.

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your Reply, my problem is i have idoc number and log number, now i want to segregate idocs based on the failures.

Eg: i have 100 idocs with respective log numbers

out of which 50 logs have the same error " no characteristics exist for the article "

and similarly other 25 application log has different error and so on , i can check the logs in mm90 but it will allow you to check one by one.

But if i want to check the log contents for all the 100 idocs is there any tcode or table ? so that i can download and analyse as a whole and reprocess based on the errors

Regards

Palani Paramasivan

0 Kudos

Hello Palani:

If your challenge is with ARTMAS alone, then consider setting E1BPE1MATHEAD-NO_APPL_LOG = X.   The errors shold be visible in BD87 rather than the Application Log.

If your challenge is with IDocs in general, then I do not believe there is a standard report.

SAP ECC standard includes robust IDoc error handling and logging, but the result of data migration errors isn’t exactly available as one at-a-glance-style report.  Depending on the IDoc and depending on the failure, you might have to go to more than one transaction to get to the detail.  For example, Article Master and other IDoc might include error details only to be found in the Application Error Log.  Moreover, an error report should include the primary key of the object.  For example, the article number of the failed ARTMAS IDoc.

I've created such reports in the past by using an InfoSet and a Query, with ABAP written in the InfoSet to create the report.  You could produce the same as an ABAP report.  Consider functional requirements, such as:

• Relevant Information: Report uses IDoc Status Groups to select only inbound IDocs with an error status.  IDocs may be selected based on a Report Selection Criteria of these fields, and only IDocs with an IDoc Status belonging to a relevant IDoc Status Group (maintained via WE47) may be relevant (e.g. E - Inbound: Error in IDoc interface and F - Inbound: Error in application).
  • 1 Row per IDoc: Report summarizes and formats error messages, ignoring informational messages.
  • Key Value:  Report includes the Key Value of the IDoc.  For example, the Article Number is displayed as a Key Value in the case of an ARTMAS IDoc.  This enables connecting the failed IDocs to data migration input file(s).   Provide a selection criteria that includes SEGMENT and FIELD to identify the IDoc Segment and Field that holds the key value.  For example, E1BPE1MATHEAD and MATNR in the case of ARTMAS.  Then fetch the data value to include in the report.
  • Application Error Log:  Report includes error messages from the Application Log.  For some IDoc – notably Article Master – and for some failures, error details must be read from the application log and are not directly available in standard transactions, such as WE02.
  • Limits:  Limit report activity to, say, 20,000 rows.

Consider relevant tables, such as:

• EDIDC - Control record (IDoc)
  • EDIDS - Status Record (IDoc)
  • EDID4 - IDoc Data Records from 4.0 onwards
  • BALM - Application log: log message
  • STACUST - Customizing for IDoc status (status groups, archive, procg)

Consider using standard functions, such as:

• APPL_LOG_READ_DB - Application log: Read log from database
  • SEGMENT_READ_COMPLETE -  Read segment structure in one release (RFC-compatible)

- Paul

--------------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail