cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get approval details for approved request ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello IDM Experts,

SAP IDM 7.2 SP8

I am trying to find approval details for already approved request for role assignment (Parent) to another role (Security Set) in IDM.

Both belong to entry type MX_ROLE.

• idmv_approvals_ext does not give this information. It will give only approvals info which are not processed yet.
  • idmv_historic_approvals has mclinkid for user to role assignment approvals but not role (parent) to role (Security Set) assignment approvals in IDM.

Kindly let me know how I can get this information.

This is required from audit perspective.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

did you check the information you get from mxi_link_audit?

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Norman said is right, but it might be easier to use the view idmv_linkaudit_ext which is based on the mxi_link_audit table.

Borrowing the text and examples from an answer on my old account (😞

In 7.2 you should start looking at the link audit, idmv_linkaudit_<> views. Show the linkaudit info for a specific user:

select linkid,userMSKEYVALUE,AssignmentMSKEYVALUE,OperationText,auditdate from idmv_linkaudit_ext where linkid in

(select mcUniqueId from idmv_link_basic_active where mcThisMskey = (select mcMskey from idmv_entry_simple where mcMSKEYVALUE='ADMINISTRATOR'))

From there it should be quite easy to understand the columns to add additional filters for what you're looking for. Such as events for a specific linkid (role or privilege) or everything approved by 'Administrator':

select linkid,userMSKEYVALUE,AssignmentMSKEYVALUE,OperationText,auditdate,ResponsibleMSKEYVALUE as approver

from idmv_linkaudit_ext

where operationText = 'Approved' and ResponsibleMskey in

(select mcMskey from idmv_entry_simple where mcMSKEYVALUE='ADMINISTRATOR')

This also includes expired and removed assignments, so to only get current assignments join with a link_active view:

select linkid,userMSKEYVALUE,AssignmentMSKEYVALUE,OperationText,auditdate,ResponsibleMSKEYVALUE as approver

from idmv_linkaudit_ext LA inner join idmv_link_basic_active L ON L.mcUniqueID = LA.LinkId

where operationText = 'Approved' and ResponsibleMskey in

(select mcMskey from idmv_entry_simple where mcMSKEYVALUE='ADMINISTRATOR')

See the mxi_link_audit_operations table for a list of operation code texts/descriptions if you use other views without operationText included.

Br,

Per Christian K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman, Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to find information on approved request for Role to Role assignment and not on approved request for role assignment to user.

In my scenario, when a Role (Parent) is assignment to Role (Security Set) it has approval workflow  which need to be approved by approvers (defined for Parent Role).

Now, I am not able to find data for approvals for role to role assignment as mentioned above.

For user to role, assignment idmv_linkaudit_ext and your queries help. Thanks for that.

But my issue here is different as explained above.

Could you please assist here ?

Thanks a lot for your effort.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the Validate Add task on the role for the approval process or a custom configuration with request objects or similar? If I remember correctly all LINK approvals that are performed using the Approval Task type are audited and should be in the idmv_link_audit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

There is Validate add task(with approval task having approval type as assignment and get approver from PVO) on Role(Parent).

Issue is in getting approval data for below scenario:

I have custom UI task using which I assign Parent(Role) to SS(Role) under which I have approval task (with approval type Basic and get approver from as Task) . This approval task trigger approval notification to approvers of parent . For this Role(Parent) to SS(Role) assignment, I do not find data in idmv_linkaudit_ext .

Regards,

Pradeep

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Did you check the view MXPV_OLD_APPROVAL? Unfortunately, I do not have data in our system to check if MXPV_OLD_APPROVAL has the information you are looking.

BR, Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jai,

I do not get required information from this view.

Thanks for your effort.

Regards,

Pradeep